The Student Room Group

*[B1] Official AQA Biology Unit 1 Exam (5th June Friday)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wave_Rider99
Got the goldfinch calculation wrong (my bain just died in the exam xD) but apart from that i understood it all. no dubt it was harder than previous b1 exams. If anyone wants any specific answers just let me know

can you post all the answers that you got
I found it quite easy, but what was the second to last one with the liver?
Original post by hollietudor
In need of an unofficial mark scheme right now

Same!!!!!
Original post by Wave_Rider99
Got the goldfinch calculation wrong (my bain just died in the exam xD) but apart from that i understood it all. no dubt it was harder than previous b1 exams. If anyone wants any specific answers just let me know

What was the answer to the goldfinch one(s)? And what are the two different effectors? I put muscular and glandular but that was just my last resort guess cause I had no idea :frown:
Original post by alexas007
I found it quite easy, but what was the second to last one with the liver?

i put ribosomes. because most enzymes are proteins and protein synthesis takes place in ribosomes. complete guess but i had a look on yahoo and it said ribosomes control the production of enzymes however yahoo isnt exactly reliable so idk. lots of people i know put nucleus though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Burning
What was the answer to the goldfinch one(s)? And what are the two different effectors? I put muscular and glandular but that was just my last resort guess cause I had no idea :frown:

I got 60.3% for the Goldfinch question and yes, you're right with he effector questions. The gland secretes chemical substances ( I think I only put hormones -.-) and the muscle contracts.
Original post by twilightniamh
i put ribosomes. because most enzymes are proteins and protein synthesis takes place in ribosomes. complete guess but i had a look on yahoo and it said ribosomes control the production of enzymes however yahoo isnt exactly reliable so idk. lots of people i know put nucleus though

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put ribosomes too and i was puzzled because it's a B2 thing. I now think the correct answer may have been cytoplasm
I didn't think the paper was bad but I did want it to be really easy to bring up my others papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
I got 60.3% for the Goldfinch question and yes, you're right with he effector questions. The gland secretes chemical substances ( I think I only put hormones -.-) and the muscle contracts.

is pupil and dilation a correct answer?
Original post by QuantumPotato
did you get 33.5 x 1.8 = 60.3 in the goldfinch question?

That ia the correst answer
I'm so frustrated, I didn't realise there was questions on the back!!!!!!!
Can anyone say how many marks where on the back?????:angry:
Original post by QuantumPotato
is pupil and dilation a correct answer?

Possibly, though I'm not certain as the specification states glands and muscles.
Original post by SolBower

2 1 mark questions
So 2 marks in total

Only 2 I think

A massive 2 marks

Only 2 marks, 2 one mark questions. They're not the end of the world buddy, I'm sure you'll be fine! :h:
The question was "what controls the production of the enzyme", not what makes the enzyme, so I put nucleus because is has the DNA and chromosomes that control what it produces???? I think???

The questions were quite badly worded, I got confused for what they wanted me to put for that, and for the effector question as well. I just put hormonal and nervous response because I think that's what they wanted :// Dunno though
Original post by M0nkey Thunder

Ah thanks! What was the actual calculation that you had to do for the goldfinch one? And how many marks was it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Just so I know I got 1 mark was the answer to the first one leprosy....?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending