The Student Room Group

Geography work experience university

Hi,
Im really keen to study geography at university but I want to go to a top university (Oxford, Cambridge, Russell Group), so of course I would like a fruitful application. I wondered if anyone knows of any competitions, work experience etc I can enter to do with the subject.
Original post by emzemzemzemz
Hi,
Im really keen to study geography at university but I want to go to a top university (Oxford, Cambridge, Russell Group), so of course I would like a fruitful application. I wondered if anyone knows of any competitions, work experience etc I can enter to do with the subject.

for an undergrad programme,i think just mentioning how you can deal with students will help in your personal statement.Take the sandwich year,if you want the work experience and wanna get paid.Newcastle and UCL are quite good for geography
I'm also wondering about the same thing. But I think that it is really difficult to find a job that relates to geography...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yyeellooww
I'm also wondering about the same thing. But I think that it is really difficult to find a job that relates to geography...

Posted from TSR Mobile

teaching,environmental science related jobs(maybe PETA),government jobs such as surveying
Original post by jontyfernz
teaching,environmental science related jobs(maybe PETA),government jobs such as surveying

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals(PETA)? Sounds cool! Thanks!
Also, what other things do you think I should do to build a strong CV?
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals(PETA)? Sounds cool! Thanks!
Also, what other things do you think I should do to build a strong CV?

do an internship(paid or unpaid its upto you) for one year with the sandwich programme option at the university.Visit places,create a blog and post stuff relevant to geography and conduct surveys related to a particular subject in the module
Original post by jontyfernz
do an internship(paid or unpaid its upto you) for one year with the sandwich programme option at the university.Visit places,create a blog and post stuff relevant to geography and conduct surveys related to a particular subject in the module

Thanks! But I'm thinking about how to get into the uni, I thought that the sandwich is only for people who already get an offer. But the thing is, I haven't apply yet, just thinking about how to build a strong application to let them want me.
Thanks! But I'm thinking about how to get into the uni, I thought that the sandwich is only for people who already get an offer. But the thing is, I haven't apply yet, just thinking about how to build a strong application to let them want me.

which 5 are you gonna put in the UCAS?the codes are different for the sandwich option and the normal 3 year one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending