Its true, there are posters up in DSU.

That would be quite funny, the man is a joke
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
HAHAHAHA

Yeah I think it's not going to be very popular....as much as people think that they like "RnB" and "Hip Hop" in Durham, it's not true, and they won't go out of their way to go to the DSU to hear it. They're too scared of venturing away from their Beyonce and related crap that they can be ensured of in Studio, etc.

However, the nights which are playing dance/trance music which started last term are continuing this term as they've proved popular. In fact, not only are they continuing, but ANOTHER dance/trance night is starting up this term - Elements (hopefully monthly) which should be awesome :smile:
Reply 3
oh god dance/trance sucks, why another night!?!?
get some bloody rock acts on at the dsu. karl kennedy? bloc party?bowling for soup? stone roses tribute band? god anything!
Reply 4
Yeah, no revolver for the next 2 saturdays. What the queer?

it's surprisingly how depressing that is for me.
I might go and laugh.

I haven't been to Revolver yet!Or Planet of Sound.God damnit!In fact,I've been out twice this term....we've been sat around drinking a lot of tea recently.
Reply 6
Kingers
get some bloody rock acts on at the dsu. karl kennedy? bloc party?bowling for soup? stone roses tribute band? god anything!

QFT
Reply 7
Kingers

Karl Kennedy.....?!?!?!?!?! You're kidding me right?

The fact that the dance/trance nights are proving immensely popular shows that there are A LOT of people who disagree with your opinion that it "sucks". The DSU, whilst many Durhamites think it's a disgusting venue for nights, is actually an IMMENSE venue for trance nights due to it's old "industrial" style of architecture, with a nice big dancefloor!!

As I've said many times, trance nights are for people who REALLY go to see the actual act (i.e. the DJ/s) rather than go and go "Oh I don't really like the venue!"....so what?! It's the act that counts!!! :smile:
Reply 8
Dobbs, will you be hitting pendulum come february?

It may be substandard DnB...but I fear its the best we're gonna get :frown:.
Reply 9
tehjonny
Dobbs, will you be hitting pendulum come february?

It may be substandard DnB...but I fear its the best we're gonna get :frown:.

Not a big fan of Drum & Bass to be honest. I am planning on going to Elements on the 3rd February - HIGH CLASS TRANCE - with Richard Tulip, who few will have heard of but is an AMAZING local DJ from the North East.

Because it's not organised by the DSU, but rather by outside people (some of whom I know from trance nights in Newcastle) it has the potential to be awesome - unlike generic DSU events where they're too scared to take some risks! Can't wait :smile:
Reply 10
dobbs
Not a big fan of Drum & Bass to be honest. I am planning on going to Elements on the 3rd February - HIGH CLASS TRANCE - with Richard Tulip, who few will have heard of but is an AMAZING local DJ from the North East.

Because it's not organised by the DSU, but rather by outside people (some of whom I know from trance nights in Newcastle) it has the potential to be awesome - unlike generic DSU events where they're too scared to take some risks! Can't wait :smile:

Awww. Me and a load of stevo pals are planning to come down for the pendulum night in hoodies and trackies...just to TAKKKES the piss...umm...bladrin :p:.

If anyone wants to join us huking eggs at hatfield about...oh, 4am, feel free!
tehjonny
Awww. Me and a load of stevo pals are planning to come down for the pendulum night in hoodies and trackies...just to TAKKKES the piss...umm...bladrin :p:.

If anyone wants to join us huking eggs at hatfield about...oh, 4am, feel free!

Please don't throw eggs on me, you'll make me sad :frown:
Reply 12
durhamdosser
Please don't throw eggs on me, you'll make me sad :frown:

Oh alright then, seeing as you asked so nicely :p:.
tehjonny
Oh alright then, seeing as you asked so nicely :p:.

Thank you :smile:
http://www.durham21.co.uk/archive/archive.asp?ID=3401

Even if it is shameless plugging from me again for d21, you should have a look at the link if you want to know how the Westwood evening went down. It's good article from your friends at d21
Reply 15
Did anyone actually go to see him?
My floormate did.She said it was amazing,but then again,I think she likes that kind of thing.

Latest