The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Anybody in CORFE HOUSE???????

kinda missed all the rooms in all the halls i wanted to go into so had to choose corfe house. Anyone living there???:eek:
Reply 1
Yep, I was working on the day it all got released. Absolutely gutted.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Yep. On the last floor, Flat 807. I'm going in September. So far there's only one girl sharing the flat with me. Place looks emptier than a Chinese Ghost city.

I've heard its pretty far away so I guess I'll find out how screwed I am when I get there.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Yep BU was my insurance so the only places left were in Corfe, even the student village and unilets were taken up so it looks like we're six miles out. At least there are night buses on a weekend so we're not too stranded!
I'm going to be at Corfe to. Not my first choice by any means but doesn't look to bad, just the commute into Bournemouth is going to be a pain! I will b studying physiotherapy, anyone else?
Reply 5
Yeah, the actual halls look nice but the commute will be a problem. What if we go on a late night out not on a weekend and end up stranded in Bournemouth! And I'm doing Psychology :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Grace_K3
Yeah, the actual halls look nice but the commute will be a problem. What if we go on a late night out not on a weekend and end up stranded in Bournemouth! And I'm doing Psychology :smile:

I took a room at the Bay view Breeze if you're interested and you haven't paid your deposit at Corfe yet - A few other BU students recommended it - it's closer and a nice location, price depends on the room you get.
Anyone else in flat 305?? (I'm studying Communications and Media)
Reply 8
Yup
Room : Flat 408 Room A
Building : Corfe House

We will survive, we have free bus travel anyway, so time is the only issue.
In my floor there are 3 girls and 2 guys. One of them is doing psychology, so got lucky and possibly will have a person to travel to lectures with and discuss/share notes. The building itself isnt the best, but it is decent enough to not hate it. I also heard that this building has a pretty decent internet connection, at times 100mbps, so being far away from all the other buildings has its advantages. Ill see you people in a month :biggrin:. My fb is Kestas Miri, just in case you feels like getting to know some people in your building.

-Kes
Reply 9
Original post by Hamdi_M
I took a room at the Bay view Breeze if you're interested and you haven't paid your deposit at Corfe yet - A few other BU students recommended it - it's closer and a nice location, price depends on the room you get.
Sounds good. Have you been to visit it?
I had a look at bay view but it worked out too expensive for me plus I think I'd prefer Corfe compared to it.
Original post by KesMiri
Yup
Room : Flat 408 Room A
Building : Corfe House

We will survive, we have free bus travel anyway, so time is the only issue.
In my floor there are 3 girls and 2 guys. One of them is doing psychology, so got lucky and possibly will have a person to travel to lectures with and discuss/share notes. The building itself isnt the best, but it is decent enough to not hate it. I also heard that this building has a pretty decent internet connection, at times 100mbps, so being far away from all the other buildings has its advantages. Ill see you people in a month :biggrin:. My fb is Kestas Miri, just in case you feels like getting to know some people in your building.

-Kes

Yeah, I guess we'll be okay. If worst comes to worst we can just get a cab from Bournemouth if we end up stuck. I'm in 102 and also taking psychology and two others in my flat are taking psychology too so I guess there'll be a few of us going to the same lectures which is nice! Thank god the internet it fast!
Reply 12
Original post by nétajcr
Sounds good. Have you been to visit it?

Not yet, but its location looks pretty sweet. It is pricey but the costs cover catering and that's a huge plus for me. Not to mention the distance is half that of corfe.
Flat 708, I'm a postgrad and I will be there in September! be positive guys, the building is well connected both to uni and Bournemouth..it may not be the best but it will never be a problem if we socialize
Reply 14
I was in Corfe last year and was devastated when I got it, but I have had the best year there. It is what you make of it. Corfe is very sociable and there is a great community. You get used to getting the bus and it is a great way to make more friends.
Hi there,

My friend will be there on September but she still do not have an accommodation. The BU told her to live in Corfe House and as I have heard this accommodation 3 years ago when I was there. I think is a bit far from Town Centre. Does anybody know How far from Talbot Campus and Town Centre?

Thank you,
Reply 16
Original post by pimpisa.lily
Hi there,

My friend will be there on September but she still do not have an accommodation. The BU told her to live in Corfe House and as I have heard this accommodation 3 years ago when I was there. I think is a bit far from Town Centre. Does anybody know How far from Talbot Campus and Town Centre?

Thank you,

I just heard that it would take anywhere between 35 - 50 minutes to the Campus depending on traffic.
Original post by pimpisa.lily
Hi there,

Thank you,

It's about six miles and a 35 minute bus ride :smile:
Reply 18
Hi everyone, I'm in Corfe house flat 210 Room A. I can't wait to get started.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending