The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Cranborne house BU

Hi I'm going to uni next year and I was looking at cranborne house, the reviews online look horrendous and was wondering if anyone would share their views on cranborne house as it's the only one that seems to be accommodating of my course.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I'm going to uni next year and I was looking at cranborne house, the reviews online look horrendous and was wondering if anyone would share their views on cranborne house as it's the only one that seems to be accommodating of my course.

Heyyy, I’m looking into it too and I’m actually going next year too! From what I’ve seen it’s one of the cheapest student accom. apart from the student village. And I’m pretty sure I read of rat reports and it’s rated 2.8/5.

I haven’t been there, but in my opinion I would avoid it since you can get better at a decent price.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/student-accommodation-l1000607-bournemouth

This should help, be sure to check the prices and stuff on the Bournemouth accom website. I found looking at TikTok reviews sort of helped too but I would also recommend looking into it a little for yourself before making a solid decision.

Hope this helped a little!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hey There,

My name is Will, I'm a Bournemouth University Media Production Student currently on my placement year.

Personally, I didn't stay in Cranbourne House, I stayed in Dorchester House, but I do have friends that have lived in there before.
From their perspective, they enjoyed living in cranbourne house mainly because of it's connectivity. It is perfectly situated amongst other accomodations like Bailey Point, Purbeck House and Chesil House as well as being on the U1 bus route to Talbot Campus and being directly next to the Bournemouth Gateway Building.

To be completely honest, no student accomodation is going to be perfect, but I found that you don't actually spend that much time in your accomodations apart from eating and sleeping, maybe the odd lazy day as you'll either be on campus or out exploring the local area with friends and doing activities.
One of my friends Katy has actually made a vlog about BU's accomodation options which you may find helpful: Accomodation Vlog
Happy to answer anymore questions you may have
Hope this helps
Will - BU Student Rep
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

My name is Ridhika and I am a BU student rep who had stayed at Cranbourne house, I can give you information about the place. The environment was friendly and everyone had a great community sense towards students. All the campus living staff are very kind towards students and no accommodation will be perfect but the environment made me really happy staying there. It is only 5 mins away from the bus stop to go to Talbot campus, and near to Landsdowne if you wanted to go into the library should you feel like studying in a environment that is quieter.

Best Wishes
Ridhika

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending