The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Film BA

Hi everyone, I’m new here 👋 I am due to be studying Film BA in September and have been offered all 5 universities that I applied to. The choices are:
UAL
Westminster
Hertfordshire
BU (Bournemouth)
AUB (Arts University Bournemouth)
Can anyone on here help me in my decision.
Many thanks 🙏
Nancy
Original post by NancyIsabella18
Hi everyone, I’m new here 👋 I am due to be studying Film BA in September and have been offered all 5 universities that I applied to. The choices are:
UAL
Westminster
Hertfordshire
BU (Bournemouth)
Many thanks 🙏
Nancy

Have you visited them all?
Watched graduate films?

Any thoughts on what you think are the pros and cons of each?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by NancyIsabella18
UAL
Westminster
Hertfordshire
BU (Bournemouth)
Many thanks 🙏
Nancy

Hi Nancyisabella18,

My name is Will & I'm a BA Media Production Student at Bournemouth University currently on my placement year!
Great to hear that you are looking at BU to student BA Film.

While I cannot talk about BA Film itself as a course, I do know some people on the course who have absolutely loved it & I can talk about the facilities we have on offer at BU.

The BA Film degree sits within the Department of Media Production at BU which is one of the primary departments who use our fantastic Poole Gateway Building which is still relatively new and contains a number of studio spaces including a green screen & sound stage, various post-production suites and music production facilities. Our department also has opportunties for collaboration between courses and other departments and even the university's professional services!!

If you would like to speak to a current BA Film student, you can talk to them via our Unibuddy service linked here: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/unibuddy - just simply filter by 'Area of Study' and click BA Film

And here is a video tour of a media facilities which I had a hand in creating as well!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKBucRz_DfI&pp=ygUUYm91cm5lbW91dGggdW5pIGZpbG0%3D

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to the thread. More than happy to help

Best
Will Rodwell
BU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending