The Student Room Group

Does anybody else find suburbia really boring?

I currently live in a suburban area, it is mostly families and older people and I'm finding it so, so boring. It is very quiet, it is mostly middle class although there are some expensive streets with big houses as well. When you go for a walk you're lucky if anybody says hello, most people just ignore you. Is this normal? I actually find it pretty rude in a way. If you want to go out or do anything you have to get the bus into the town centre where at least there is some life, otherwise you go mad. Does anybody else share this view?
Reply 1
I don't think it is rude if someone doesn't wish to acknowledge another while out and about. We are a more reserved people, after all. I wouldn't be going out and saying hello to everyone I recognised. I'd just like to be on my way. This is going to be similar no matter where you are - perhaps even more so in big, fast cities.

I certainly see why suburbia could be boring. Not quaint enough to have character, not big enough enough to be thriving. Don't get me started on the monotonous square boxes they call houses that all look the same. I would rather be in the inner city or the country to suburbia, myself.
Reply 2
yeah I agree. actually rural / suburban areas tend to be more friendly imo ppl r always saying hello to one another. my sort of commuter town is so dull for me bc there's literally nothing to do and all my friends live in the city and it's rlly not for teenagers. my parents love the greenery tho.

Quick Reply

Latest