The Student Room Group
Original post by Dexa
Does anyone who has passed part A in FY1 have any tips on how they prepared? Any websites, books, other resources would be greatly helpful. I'm looking at taking mine in the April slot so have enough time to prepare.

Wait til you start work and see how much free time you actually have. I had intentions of doing mine in April too and am now looking to sit in September instead, second rotation was too tiring for anything beyond eating/sleeping outside of work.
I passed Part A in April of FY1, as did quite a few of my colleagues. I used eMRCS and pastest for questions (preferred eMRCS, but the anatomy vidoes on Pastest are good), Ellis's Clinical Anatomy for swotting, and just hammered out a ton of questions.
Reply 3
Original post by twmffat_twp
I passed Part A in April of FY1, as did quite a few of my colleagues. I used eMRCS and pastest for questions (preferred eMRCS, but the anatomy vidoes on Pastest are good), Ellis's Clinical Anatomy for swotting, and just hammered out a ton of questions.

Thanks. Did you use any notes or books to revise the theory? Are the pastest Mrcs note books any good?
Personally, I didnt really revise any theory formally (as in sit down with a textbook) except for anatomy for which I m a massive fan of Ellis's. I didn't use the PasTest books either, just did lots and lots of questions
Reply 5
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Wait til you start work and see how much free time you actually have. I had intentions of doing mine in April too and am now looking to sit in September instead, second rotation was too tiring for anything beyond eating/sleeping outside of work.

Thanks. I wanted to do it in April so that I could still sit it again in September before ST application in case I fail, as i'd really like to get part A done before i apply for speciality. Although now that you mention it September may be better for me because my last job in F1 is ICU (supernumerary and from what I hear not too intense for F1s) and my first job of F2 is psych, so that's probably a good 5 months where I could get my revision done.

Latest

Trending

Trending