The Student Room Group

Fy1 jobs with provisional license

Hi, I am UK national but studied MBBS abroad and graduated in June 2023. I began doing an internship abroad as well, however I have taken a break and returned to the UK due to extenuating circumstance regarding my mother's health. I have missed the FY1 deadline for 2024 and will have to apply for 2025, I was wondering what options would be available for someone in my position? Any help would be greatly appreciated
If you have a provisional license, then unfortunately the only way to work in the UK is to wait and apply for 2025 cycle of FY1, as you are only permitted to do FY1 via the National application. Stand-alone FY1 progs / locum FY1 posts, are only for those with a full license. If you have a full license to practice then there are many more options.
Reply 2
Original post by junior.doctor
If you have a provisional license, then unfortunately the only way to work in the UK is to wait and apply for 2025 cycle of FY1, as you are only permitted to do FY1 via the National application. Stand-alone FY1 progs / locum FY1 posts, are only for those with a full license. If you have a full license to practice then there are many more options.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending