The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Access 2015

Hi!
I'm applying for access to health professions at derby uni this year and would like to hear from anyone else who has too :smile:
Does anyone know when you can expect to hear back on weather you have been offered a place or not??
I don't know how competitive it It is for a place..
X
Reply 1
I have applied for the course. I went on the open evening back in June and did the assessment 2 weeks ago but not heard anything. I think I'm going to call them, I can't handle the suspense anymore. I've been stalking the postman everyday
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Haha! I've got stalking the postman to come yet! Literally on my way to do the tests and take application in now.. Surely they must be letting people know soon? Did they say when you could expect to hear back?
Reply 3
Apparently I should have a letter by the end of next week, I had an email this morning, I'd sent my GCSE certificates in to them and asked at the same time.

Fingers crossed!
Original post by Conker25
Apparently I should have a letter by the end of next week, I had an email this morning, I'd sent my GCSE certificates in to them and asked at the same time.

Fingers crossed!

Oooh that's good then! Hopefully I may have one by then too.. When I took mine in they said it can take 4-6 weeks but they're hoping it will be within 2 weeks, which would be the end of next week. Which access have you applied for again?
Reply 5
Original post by chelseyrenee16
Oooh that's good then! Hopefully I may have one by then too.. When I took mine in they said it can take 4-6 weeks but they're hoping it will be within 2 weeks, which would be the end of next week. Which access have you applied for again?

I got my letter offering me a place on the course today! I am doing the health professions access course too :smile:

I really need to sort timetables though so I can sort work around it but it doesn't say anything about that on the letter hmm
I got my letter offering me a place on the course today! I am doing the health professions access course too :smile:

I really need to sort timetables though so I can sort work around it but it doesn't say anything about that on the letter hmm

I got offered a place too!! :smile: you have to make an appointment to sort out the timetable :smile: it's with the letter
Reply 7
Yeah I saw. My other half sent me a pic of the letter and didn't mention the rest. I sounded a right idiot on the phone!

Well done us :smile:

I'm going on Wednesday to do my timetable :biggrin:
Yeah I saw. My other half sent me a pic of the letter and didn't mention the rest. I sounded a right idiot on the phone!

Well done us :smile:

I'm going on Wednesday to do my timetable :biggrin:

I'm going on Wednesday too :smile: I can't wait to start now! What is it you're wanting to do degree wise?
Reply 9
I want to do adult nursing but majorly worried about getting on the course as I know there were 1600 applications and only about 80 spaces the other year.

How about you?
Midwifery, so about the same applications but half the spaces lol! its really competetive :/ but keeping my fingers crossed! :smile: I'm sure you'll be fine, have you got much experience?
It's scary thinking about whether you'll get a place.

I have a years worth of care assistant experience but that was back in 2007. So not sure how that will help. I was going to see if I can leave my current office job and do care work whilst I do access but I'm in uni Mon - Fri so there's no way I can live off doing care work on a sat and sun.
It's so difficult!
That's what I'm having to do, I'm on the bank at derby royal so isn't too much of a problem, just have to squeeze in night shifts for the money!
Reply 13
I am do my Access to Nursing and MIdwifery course online. I could not go to college and work, which I need to do right now. Good luck with your places but remember there is always another option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending