The Student Room Group

Access course - nursing

Hi, I would like to apply for nursing 2024 in Ulster uni. Can someone tell me if access courses go ‘out of date’ . I completed my access course in 2015 . I have one year completed of a hnd can someone tell me if this counts too? Or worthless . I also have 10 GCSEs. Have I any chance ?
Original post by Lisamc2023
Hi, I would like to apply for nursing 2024 in Ulster uni. Can someone tell me if access courses go ‘out of date’ . I completed my access course in 2015 . I have one year completed of a hnd can someone tell me if this counts too? Or worthless . I also have 10 GCSEs. Have I any chance ?

The best way to find out is to phone the admissions office of Ulster uni and ask.
Reply 2

Hi

How long does an access certificate last after completing the course.......

This is because Access to HE qualifications can be used up to 5 years after they are achieved. UCAS also provides a Tariff Points Calculator to help you work out how many points you can get from different qualifications at different grades.

Universities generally looks for students to have some sort of up-to-date education ( within the last five years) but don't worry about it to much as you can still apply and see how it goes 🙂.
You have nothing to lose by applying and if successful then Fabulous for you.

You could always just contact the university and ask them what is there entry to for nursing and explain what you have and see what they say as this would be the best way forward for you so you'll know exactly what is required for the entry requirements.

Your main thing is that you have a very good personal statement and then hopefully you'll be offered a interview which you will still have to make sure you answer everything.

NHS Scotland midwife
Reply 3

Access courses don't necessarily go "out of date" - if they did, then GCSEs would, too. The main thing with nursing degrees (and all degrees, realistically) is that they tend to want "recent study", which classes as within the last 5 years. If the year of HND you did was completed within the last 5 years, then that will hopefully be OK... but speak to Ulster as they'll be able to give you a definitive answer on if they'll accept your qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending