The Student Room Group

Access Course Applications and Chat thread 2023/24!

Following the success of previous threads, we are pleased to bring you this year's rendition of the Access Course Study & Discussion Thread! :yay:

Use this thread to connect with other access students, share tips, and support each other on what can be a challenging course. :grouphugs:

So, who's starting an Access course this September? Here's a quick template to get you started.

Name:
Access Pathway:
Hoping to study:

While you're here, check out the Mature Students forum to answer questions others might have, and direct them here if they're doing an Access course too! :smile:

Also check out the Mature Student's Chat to chat to mature students on other courses, or who are already at uni!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by TomOpenUni
Hi guys have any of you done Open university access courses and how were they?
Thanks

Hey!
I was trying to find someone who can answer your question because we used to have an access course study and discussion thread but it looks like there hasn't been one for a year or two. :frown:

Is doing an access course something you're doing soon? I don't know much about them myself, but I can either try to turn your thread into a study and discussion thread like the one I just linked - or I can set one up separately. What would you like me to do? :smile:

MR
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hey!
I was trying to find someone who can answer your question because we used to have an access course study and discussion thread but it looks like there hasn't been one for a year or two. :frown:

Is doing an access course something you're doing soon? I don't know much about them myself, but I can either try to turn your thread into a study and discussion thread like the one I just linked - or I can set one up separately. What would you like me to do? :smile:

MR

Yeah go for it 😁 turn this thread into an access course study and help thread that would be awesome I'm sure it will be useful for others
Reply 3
I am doing a science technology and maths access course in September next month. Looking forward to it lready got the old books off eBay to practice.
Yeah go for it 😁 turn this thread into an access course study and help thread that would be awesome I'm sure it will be useful for others

Done :jive:
Reply 5
Hi can someone tell me if an access course that was completed with a commendation in 2015 is now ‘out of date’ and means I can’t apply for nursing ?
Original post by Lisamc2023
Hi can someone tell me if an access course that was completed with a commendation in 2015 is now ‘out of date’ and means I can’t apply for nursing ?

@PQ, @normaw, any ideas?
Reply 7

I completed my access course in 2018 and have just started uni, studying animation rather than nursing. I don’t think it has an expiry date as such, much like A levels will always be a valid qualification. I would maybe check with the university you intend to apply to though if you are unsure.
Reply 8
Original post by Animator
I completed my access course in 2018 and have just started uni, studying animation rather than nursing. I don’t think it has an expiry date as such, much like A levels will always be a valid qualification. I would maybe check with the university you intend to apply to though if you are unsure.

Thank you !

You need to ask the universities that you want to apply to directly.

Many nursing degrees require study within the last 2 years for admission but there might be exceptions (or universities that would accept an OU module to top up your study)
Following the success of previous threads, we are pleased to bring you this year's rendition of the Access Course Study & Discussion Thread! :yay:

Use this thread to connect with other access students, share tips, and support each other on what can be a challenging course. :grouphugs:

So, who's starting an Access course this September? Here's a quick template to get you started.

Name:
Access Pathway:
Hoping to study:

While you're here, check out the Mature Students forum to answer questions others might have, and direct them here if they're doing an Access course too! :smile:

Also check out the Mature Student's Chat to chat to mature students on other courses, or who are already at uni!

I really need some more people in my life going through this! I’m doing the access to nursing with Learndirect, already applied for ‘24 entry just waiting on Learndirect sorting out my academic reference.

I feel like I’ve hit a wall the last week, how’s everyone else staying motivated on top of work and life? 😂
Reply 11
I'm late to the party but I'm Heather and I'm 23 doing an access to HE science course hoping to study biomedical science x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending