The Student Room Group

Most pointless gadget you own

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by OU Student
I feel as though I'm the only one who has a ipad which they don't find useless? :s-smilie: I travel a fair amount and it's much easier than carrying my heavy laptop around.

I used to find my old work one pretty handy for long bus/train journeys.
If a Magic 8 ball counts as a gadget, that's useless now, because I only consulted it once. It gave me the wrong answer.
Does one of these count?

Objectively it's the most superfluous, ridiculous, useless device I've ever spent (an absurd amount of) money on, but I adore it and use it every day. I will not get wrinkles! Even though it blatantly does nothing. But it feels so decadent!
Original post by darkred
My iPod nano now that I have spotify premium on my phone :frown:

This
My HP Slate 7 tablet. Haha totally regret buying it. :colonhash:
Reply 45
Analogue radio, three weeks before the announcement that was going digital

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Mac Pro, which hardly ever gets used because I have a MacBook Pro and iMac too. So yeah, I don't really need it tbh...
Probably my fancy espresso machine which I use roughly once for every forty or fifty cafetières I make.

Original post by Most Competitive
The Mac Pro, which hardly ever gets used because I have a MacBook Pro and iMac too. So yeah, I don't really need it tbh...
I have a similar situation -- I use my Macbook Air and my iMac sits there all forlorn :moon:
(edited 8 years ago)
I guess my iPad. It's not really "pointless" but I don't use it and really have no relevant use for it, especially considering I have a laptop and an iPhone. Think I might sell my iPad actually :smile:
Reply 49
Probably my Kindle. Used it avidly for the first 3 months but now I just use it on holiday really.
For now, my e-reader. Never have time to use it.
Although it pains my wallet to say this...

My Apple Watch.

In many ways it's quite useful, however in its current state (Watch OS 1), it's not much use! It's current use is for activity and for notifications so I don't have my phone out all the time.

That said - Apple Pay will be available for my bank next week and when Watch OS2 comes out, I might revoke this post :erm:.
Original post by Roving Fish
Although it pains my wallet to say this...

My Apple Watch.

In many ways it's quite useful, however in its current state (Watch OS 1), it's not much use! It's current use is for activity and for notifications so I don't have my phone out all the time.

That said - Apple Pay will be available for my bank next week and when Watch OS2 comes out, I might revoke this post :erm:.

Is it like a tiny iPhone or much less functionality ?
Original post by claireestelle
Is it like a tiny iPhone or much less functionality ?

At the moment it's got mini versions of iPhone apps and a few cool health features - but you're probably bang on.

Apparently the next software update will bring a lot more functionality to it in terms of apps. :woo:
At the moment it's got mini versions of iPhone apps and a few cool health features - but you're probably bang on.

Apparently the next software update will bring a lot more functionality to it in terms of apps. :woo:

I got my first iPhone last month so not planning on joining the apple watch crew for a long while :tongue: although if it's on my wrist I can't ever miss a reminder :tongue:
Original post by claireestelle
I got my first iPhone last month so not planning on joining the apple watch crew for a long while :tongue: although if it's on my wrist I can't ever miss a reminder :tongue:

My biggest angst with the watch is that I can't really feel the haptic feedback. It needs to be that bit stronger and then I'd feel it on my wrist. :lol:
My biggest angst with the watch is that I can't really feel the haptic feedback. It needs to be that bit stronger and then I'd feel it on my wrist. :lol:

Apple will get there eventually:tongue:
Reply 57
A banana case... bought it as a joke many years ago and never ever used it...
I own a Farnsworth-Hirsch 60kV deuterium fusion reactor. I built it to fuse deuterium atoms, and it's glows bright purple when it arcs at enormous temperatures. Unfortunately it doesn't really do anything else and you can't collect the energy. Absolutely useless.
Probably my Hi-fi system, for the following reasons:

a) The FM Radio aerial is useless and the tuner is also useless, hence it can only pick up local stations. My Eton E5 radio is much better at picking up signals

b) The CD player sometimes won't play CD-R's. I can use my laptop for CD playback and use the laptops hard drive for storing the music on.

c) The tape deck. Seriously, who even uses tapes now?

Result: Obsolete.

Quick Reply

Latest