Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
imasillynarb
The thought is making me feel ill :biggrin:

I actually went and puked at the thought :biggrin:
Reply 41
imasillynarb
The thought is making me feel ill :biggrin:

Well, when I met someone online we arranged to go and play footy together...so it was kind of impossible to talk anyway! I think I must be the only person here who actually had a good experience...!
Reply 42
wiwarin_mir
I find that if you get to know them first, even if it is online, it helps to aleviate the awkwardness of the situation.

well maybe, but im definitely not doing this again! its nerve-wrecking
John Paul Jones
bloomin hell, right loada weird girls on the internet !!! i used ICQ, no longer thank god !!

hahaha i bet she was one of those viking welsh ladies who look like men, did ya ever see a pic of her?

if a sexy girl did that, i woulnd't have minded but this one was a bit chunky and fat, and she had a really rough manchester accent, also i think she had asthma

Yeh, she sounded like a primeval beast! I swear she told me she was from London, saw her pic though and she seemed fairly okay from that. The one that I really would love to meet though is a lovely Finnish girl who is a friend of a friend - she is a simmering blonde and speaks perfect English. She's coming to visit England soon though and says that she will look me up. :smile: I wish I had her pics to hand, but they sadly aren't on this comp.
who_me
Well, when I met someone online we arranged to go and play footy together...so it was kind of impossible to talk anyway! I think I must be the only person here who actually had a good experience...!

Well the people from MLAN are fine and are quite similar to me in fact, which has given me confidence.
Reply 45
John Paul Jones
heheh when i get nervous /shy my hearing becomes shit and i have to ask people to repeat themselves 3/4 times, it's quite embarrassing

Heh. I wasn't shy, I just didn't like the girl! Her voice annoyed me, a lot. It's amazing how people can come across as being so articulate in text, but when they speak... they're not.

wiwarin_mir
Well that is why you get to know the perso before hand, probe about any problems they have and their accent, things like that.

It wasn't her accent, just what I like to refer to as "a lazy mouth".
Reply 46
who_me

It's probably because most of us are quite young and just went to meet someone for the sake of it. I had an okay time! Just I got in trouble for it.
Reply 47
Zapsta
It wasn't her accent, just what I like to refer to as "a lazy mouth".

Do you mean like "awrih? havin a fag, innit" kind of thing?
Zapsta
Heh. I wasn't shy, I just didn't like the girl! Her voice annoyed me, a lot. It's amazing how people can come across as being so articulate in text, but when they speak... they're not.

Me however, I am both articulate in text and speech and have actually been called posh. I prefer the term well spoken myself
F. Poste

oh how I hate that common tongue with a loathing, I just want to gag them and take them to forced elequetion (sp) lessons.
wiwarin_mir
oh how I hate that common tongue with a loathing, I just want to gag them and take them to forced elequetion (sp) lessons.

You would love Birmingham mate. :wink:
wiwarin_mir

i hate it when people use colloquial terms and popular phrases,

i never understand the peculiar lexicon of it all lol

i enunciate my t's perfectly all the time - people take the piss out of that heh
Reply 52
F. Poste
It's probably because most of us are quite young and just went to meet someone for the sake of it. I had an okay time! Just I got in trouble for it.

Well I met this guy when I was 15, he was a bit older....it's quite funny the way things have worked out though - we sometimes go clubbing together now - I consider him one of my best friends. I think it's only worth meeting up with someone u meet online if you really feel like you want to get to know them better...I would def never meet anyone just for the sake out of it - think thats when it could become a bad experience.
mobbdeeprob
You would love Birmingham mate. :wink:

haha im off to Birmingham in sept
John Paul Jones
i hate it when people use colloquial terms and popular phrases,

i never understand the peculiar lexicon of it all lol

i enunciate my t's perfectly all the time - people take the piss out of that heh

Why must we be persecuted for our ability to speak the language correctly, it is really infuriating.
John Paul Jones
haha im off to Birmingham in sept

Luckily for you (most of) the uni is in a nice place, near my house (unless you venture into some parts of Selly Oak and Bournbrook that is :tongue: ).
Reply 56
who_me
Well I met this guy when I was 15, he was a bit older....it's quite funny the way things have worked out though - we sometimes go clubbing together now - I consider him one of my best friends. I think it's only worth meeting up with someone u meet online if you really feel like you want to get to know them better...I would def never meet anyone just for the sake out of it - think thats when it could become a bad experience.

Same here.. I'd be happy to meet someone from online again if I knew them fairly well as it is and liked them, but I'd never meet a random. That's just asking for trouble!
Reply 57
F. Poste

That's the one!

wiwarin_mir
Me however, I am both articulate in text and speech and have actually been called posh. I prefer the term well spoken myself

Me too :smile:
Reply 58
Zapsta
That's the one!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. When I actually hear something intelligent said in that voice I might change my mind :biggrin:
F. Poste
Same here.. I'd be happy to meet someone from online again if I knew them fairly well as it is and liked them, but I'd never meet a random. That's just asking for trouble!

I would not go meeting someone just for the sake of it either, there would have to be a point to it.

Latest

Trending

Trending