The Student Room Group

Ldr Said she was only wanted to be friends with me,how shall I reply

I thought I was in a ldr with a female from the Us and I'm a male from UK like she flirted and made promises to commitment and everything then suddenly she ignored me for a month and then she replied saying I just wanted to be friends and I didn't say yh to anything apparently which was a lie and I love her loads and I even cry a lot being in a ldr so I don't know how to reply to her because I really want to be in a relationship with her

Scroll to see replies

i think if i were you i'd know i gotta leave this asap, cause the difference how both of you view the definition of commitment is high.

but then like you i would be tormented by feelers and so to deal with that i'd binge talk to random strangers online :redface: but whats ideal is talking about it to friends, trusted ones who would be able to listen and understand and divert you.
Reply 2
Original post by inanotherlifeee
i think if i were you i'd know i gotta leave this asap, cause the difference how both of you view the definition of commitment is high.

but then like you i would be tormented by feelers and so to deal with that i'd binge talk to random strangers online :redface: but whats ideal is talking about it to friends, trusted ones who would be able to listen and understand and divert you.

I just can't though because I'm like glued to her and attached like it distracts me from everything,like I can't live without her.
Oh ok yh,I will talk about it to friends. But like it makes no sense because even sexted a few times I guess she was there for like a fwb but online.I gave her a reply and I'm just waiting to see what she says now
Have you met this girl in person?
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Have you met this girl in person?

Nope
Original post by Hm51
I just can't though because I'm like glued to her and attached like it distracts me from everything,like I can't live without her.
Oh ok yh,I will talk about it to friends. But like it makes no sense because even sexted a few times I guess she was there for like a fwb but online.I gave her a reply and I'm just waiting to see what she says now

glad to hear you're gonna discuss with friends.
her commitments changed way fast , that sounds unstable ground for a committed relationship imo.
perhaps you could re- clarify if she still stands at the fwb stance, my bad, this be tough
are there any routine activities which gets you into flow state? i'd relocate my focus there. i have heard of how hectic work could be helpful cause it takes our minds off but its a different thing for everyone
Original post by Hm51
Nope

Then I wouldn't consider that to have been a proper relationship when you haven't even met her face to face and dated in person. LDRs rarely work out, especially when the distances involved are so big like in this case. It's much easier for her to find an American guy in her area and date him. You need to move on, cut her off and find someone here in the UK.
Reply 7
glad to hear you're gonna discuss with friends.
her commitments changed way fast , that sounds unstable ground for a committed relationship imo.
perhaps you could re- clarify if she still stands at the fwb stance, my bad, this be tough
are there any routine activities which gets you into flow state? i'd relocate my focus there. i have heard of how hectic work could be helpful cause it takes our minds off but its a different thing for everyone

Yep,excactly.Oh nothing works I've tried everything but now I feel cool though because it's her loss at the end of the day
Reply 8
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Then I wouldn't consider that to have been a proper relationship when you haven't even met her face to face and dated in person. LDRs rarely work out, especially when the distances involved are so big like in this case. It's much easier for her to find an American guy in her area and date him. You need to move on, cut her off and find someone here in the UK.

Yh that's true ,you could say to be fair and I'll try to cut her off
Original post by Hm51
Yep,excactly.Oh nothing works I've tried everything but now I feel cool though because it's her loss at the end of the day

i see, yeah i agree its her loss at the end of the day
Reply 10
i see, yeah i agree its her loss at the end of the day

Yep,I don't think I'll ever trust love again
Original post by Hm51
Yep,I don't think I'll ever trust love again

at this moment that's a reasonable stance imo
thankfully there are many other kinds of love that exist besides romance, depending with the lens we choose to perceive with
(edited 1 year ago)

You have an extremely unhealthy attachment to her. Rather than be friends, I would suggest that you cut contact entirely. You need emotional and mental distance from her to heal.
Reply 13
at this moment that's a reasonable stance imo
thankfully there are many other kinds of love that exist besides romance, depending with the lens we choose to perceive with

Yeo I guess,yh that's true . No offence but I'm never trust a women again like in terms of dating etc
Reply 14
Original post by 1582
You have an extremely unhealthy attachment to her. Rather than be friends, I would suggest that you cut contact entirely. You need emotional and mental distance from her to heal.

Yh that's true,I agree that would be the best decision to be fair
Original post by Hm51

Dude how can you be attached to someone you haven’t even met…come on now 😂
Original post by Hm51
Yeo I guess,yh that's true . No offence but I'm never trust a women again like in terms of dating etc

you've got your reasons yo i respect that
i dont think i could trust online relationship after the past that i had as well. Then again i wouldnt know if the guy i knew of, could represent every dude of every culture in real life as well but because i had invested much at first online relationship which sailed away without much returns i wouldn't wanna get into that dating/ relationship area for foreseeable future.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Dude how can you be attached to someone you haven’t even met…come on now 😂

Lol I know it sound funny but I fall in love easily just over text lol ,not even playing though lol
Reply 18
you've got your reasons yo i respect that
i dont think i could trust online relationship after the past that i had as well. Then again i wouldnt know if the guy i knew of, could represent every dude of every culture in real life as well but because i had invested much at first online relationship which sailed away without much returns i wouldn't wanna get into that dating/ relationship area for foreseeable future.

Oh ok that makes total sense ,yh that's true,that's a shame. I guess real life dating is completely different to online dating.
Original post by Hm51
Oh ok that makes total sense ,yh that's true,that's a shame. I guess real life dating is completely different to online dating.

yeah, true
yeah real life dating do be the real deal comparatively imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending