The Student Room Group

OCR AS economics boundaries

Just looking at them and its 47 for an A in micro when it was 42 last year :s-smilie: i know the essay was kind but it wasn't THAT easy...
Reply 1
Original post by rachel6914
Just looking at them and its 47 for an A in micro when it was 42 last year :s-smilie: i know the essay was kind but it wasn't THAT easy...

Yeh, I think an A's a write off for me now. Just to put it into perspective, a B this year is what an A was last year.. :LL
The Essay was do able but i thought many people struggled with those 6 markers
Reply 3
Original post by Kaneki
Yeh, I think an A's a write off for me now. Just to put it into perspective, a B this year is what an A was last year.. :LL

eugh so unfair! really wanted an A as well :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by A level sufferer
The Essay was do able but i thought many people struggled with those 6 markers

yeah i thought that the hard 6 markers balanced out the easyish essay in the end
Reply 5
That was the most unexpected boundary for me - the essay was indeed kind, but it was offset by the 6-markers. Probably many people did very well in the essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Think about it like this, it's all together 94/120, which imo seems a lot more manageable than 47/60, just a thought anyway :-)
Reply 7
I think there may have been a lot of 16-18 marks awarded on the 18 marker. I think that it was only 2, 6markers which were hard but I doubt people got very limited marks for them
Reply 8
Original post by kingdoo
I think there may have been a lot of 16-18 marks awarded on the 18 marker. I think that it was only 2, 6markers which were hard but I doubt people got very limited marks for them

it does make sense, my teacher marks for OCR and she said for micro there was an awful lot of 41-44s given out, so having 42 as an A boundary is not gonna happen. just have to hope i got into the higher 40s/50s :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Kaneki
Think about it like this, it's all together 94/120, which imo seems a lot more manageable than 47/60, just a thought anyway :-)

suppose that does make it sound better:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending