The Student Room Group

Is it worth getting english lit a level paper remarked?

I received a B today in OCR english lit even though I have been predicted an A. I still managed to get into my firm choice but I am still disappointed that i didnt get the A. I checked the OCR website and I was only 1.3 marks off an A (they change the weighting of the marks so thats why its a decimal). In paper 1 i got 51 and for an A you needed 52, is it worth getting this paper remarked? Since I am high up the B boundary so I cant see how I could slip into the C if the remark goes the other way.
Original post by purple256
I received a B today in OCR english lit even though I have been predicted an A. I still managed to get into my firm choice but I am still disappointed that i didnt get the A. I checked the OCR website and I was only 1.3 marks off an A (they change the weighting of the marks so thats why its a decimal). In paper 1 i got 51 and for an A you needed 52, is it worth getting this paper remarked? Since I am high up the B boundary so I cant see how I could slip into the C if the remark goes the other way.

You can always ask for your paper back and go through it with your teacher to decide whether it's worth asking for a review of marking.

It is worth it if you want to pay but there is of course a risk. I had a paper go up 2 marks for Chemistry and 16 marks for Economics but I consulted with my teachers first before I submitted them for remarking.

Is it worth £57.50 to you? If so, then go for it. As you say, the chances of you dropping a grade are pretty much nil. (Don't bother paying £70.75 for the "Priority Review of Marking", as you have you firm choice anyway. Just go for the standard "Review of Marking".
A fair amount of remarks do change, (20-25% result in a change of grade but much more result, about half, in a raw mark change) typically by one or two marks either way. Changes by much more are not unheard of (and more common in humanities subjects) but are very rare. I would say get your papers back and look through it with your teachers, though they may say not to bother since you're into your firm.

As above obviously don't bother with a priority remark, that's for people who need remarks in time for reconsideration by a university.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest