The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
By next year it'll be almost all mixed, it'll only be 4th years who are all girls. And since most degree courses are 3 years, that won't be very many.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
It's great. Is there anything more specific you want to know, like are male sports teams useless due to the fact they've not been up and running for particularly long etc...?
Reply 3
Can't really say I notice it. The majority of the exec are female, but next year it's likely to be more even, they are a couple of female only corridors and the toilet doors on my corridor are a bit low for the really tall guys, but that's about it! Don't let it put you off.
EDIT: Oh yeah the sports team aren't very good, but they're bound to improve as it becomes completely mixed and have been going for a few years.
Reply 4
It's getting there, sure there are some issues with our teams performances but its all for fun :P

For scientists Mary's has to be one of the best located colleges there are out there :smile:

I was with the first wave of lads that went to Mary's and it was bearable then so it can only get better, especially with the whole refurbishment of one of the accomodation blocks (Williamson)

Hope you manage to have a look around

Ian
Reply 5
Marys mens hockey are doing pretty well, looks like they will be promoted to the premiership this season
Reply 6
To be honest there are no real sports issues, I only said that as an example question. Men's hockey were unbeaten until last Sunday and are in 2nd place (which would give promotion). Men's A team football are in a promotion pool for their 2nd promotion in the same number of years. Basketball are thoroughly ****e though, I don't think we're too good at rugby either.

Latest