joodaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I was wondering if one of you guys could fix my confusion. So I thought that the total language coursework was out of 90 because I remember doing assesments worth, 20,20 20 and 30 respectively. But looking on the aqa website it seems as though the coursework was worth a total of 80 marks. How does this work because I thought I was on a mark of 77/90 but judging by the ums I got on my results sheet I only got 69/80. Could someone explain where my mistakes have come from?
Joshua-P
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Creative Writing is worth 30 over two pieces. You then have Of Mice and Men worth 30 and Spoken Language Study worth a further 20 marks, making your 80.
joodaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Joshua-P)
Creative Writing is worth 30 over two pieces. You then have Of Mice and Men worth 30 and Spoken Language Study worth a further 20 marks, making your 80.
But in one of my creative writing I thought I got 17/20 and in the other I got 14/20, have I made a mistake somewhere?
Joshua-P
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joodaa)
But in one of my creative writing I thought I got 17/20 and in the other I got 14/20, have I made a mistake somewhere?
I'm not too sure... Mine also get graded out of 20 but I know the overall mark is only 30.
Edosawr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You add the marks for content on both pieces of creative writing and average the accuracy over both pieces, and then add them together.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
23.91%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (28)
60.87%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads