The Student Room Group

English Language AQA Coursework

Hey I was wondering if one of you guys could fix my confusion. So I thought that the total language coursework was out of 90 because I remember doing assesments worth, 20,20 20 and 30 respectively. But looking on the aqa website it seems as though the coursework was worth a total of 80 marks. How does this work because I thought I was on a mark of 77/90 but judging by the ums I got on my results sheet I only got 69/80. Could someone explain where my mistakes have come from?
Reply 1
Creative Writing is worth 30 over two pieces. You then have Of Mice and Men worth 30 and Spoken Language Study worth a further 20 marks, making your 80.
Reply 2
Original post by Joshua-P
Creative Writing is worth 30 over two pieces. You then have Of Mice and Men worth 30 and Spoken Language Study worth a further 20 marks, making your 80.

But in one of my creative writing I thought I got 17/20 and in the other I got 14/20, have I made a mistake somewhere?
Reply 3
Original post by joodaa
But in one of my creative writing I thought I got 17/20 and in the other I got 14/20, have I made a mistake somewhere?

I'm not too sure... Mine also get graded out of 20 but I know the overall mark is only 30.
Reply 4
You add the marks for content on both pieces of creative writing and average the accuracy over both pieces, and then add them together.

Quick Reply

Latest