The Student Room Group

Gcse English Literature and Language

Hi, i’m a homeschooled student who has split their gcses over 2 years. This year i’m taking my 3 science and maths exams. Next year i’ll be taking english lit, lang, arabic, and history. I was wondering is it possible to learn all of english lit and lang in a year alone? Bearing in mind that i’ll only be doing 4 subjects next year.
Yes as most public schools teach it over 2 years but this is without breaks and limited lessons. I think youd be able learn it if you cracked down on it. You only really need language to get into college etc but english lit brings up your overrall grade which is still good
Reply 2
Original post by unknown20001
Hi, i’m a homeschooled student who has split their gcses over 2 years. This year i’m taking my 3 science and maths exams. Next year i’ll be taking english lit, lang, arabic, and history. I was wondering is it possible to learn all of english lit and lang in a year alone? Bearing in mind that i’ll only be doing 4 subjects next year.

Omg I’m literally doing the same thing almost except that I’ve added business studies as well. Do you have any tips on Arabic gcse? I know that I have to memorise vocab and grammar and do practise papers but that’s all really. Also for history and English literature, how do you know what you have to study because there is a specification but you have to choose what to learn from it and the school normally chooses for you but I am homeschooled so idk what to do 😭
Reply 3
Original post by Idk305
Omg I’m literally doing the same thing almost except that I’ve added business studies as well. Do you have any tips on Arabic gcse? I know that I have to memorise vocab and grammar and do practise papers but that’s all really. Also for history and English literature, how do you know what you have to study because there is a specification but you have to choose what to learn from it and the school normally chooses for you but I am homeschooled so idk what to do 😭

Hi! I actually lived in egypt for a year so that’s why i chose it for my gcse😭 But if you need tips on how to get better i suggest using flashacrds for the new words you learn , and also watch shows in standard arabic , it helps to become more fluent in speaking. Oooh and for the english lit ( idk whether ur doing igcse or gcse) but just search up the english specification and you’re allowed to choose any, they don’t really care. Eg for like the one shakespeare play you have to learn i’m doing macbeth and then like poems you can choose from the selected etc.. I’ve just recently started learning history but i bought the Oxford AQA books so i’m making online flashcards (ANKI) on new terms or facts from a timeline that i have to memorise. Then in that same book they have questions to test your knowledge. Yeah for choosing the history once again go to the specification and it says choose 1 from 4 (i think) eg medicine in britain and buy a book for each one like that. BTW i did the science gcse as IGCSE EDEXCEL and maths as GCSE EDEXCEL, that’s just cuz science has practicals but igcse doesn’t require it. same for rs and history i’m doing gcse version since it doesn’t require any coursework. i’m only doing igcse for stuff with coursework like english language ( which has spoken language )
Tell me how it goes on! - sorry if i just babbled on😭

Quick Reply

Latest