The Student Room Group

Sooo What Happens After Death?

i have no idea what happens after death?? and i dont think anybody else does but what do you guys believe in, what do you think happens after death...

maybe we enter a magical world or maybe we come back to earth but as a different person?? who knows

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
La la la, not listening. Scary. La la la.
Sleeping
Original post by FRZ
i have no idea what happens after death?? and i dont think anybody else does but what do you guys believe in, what do you think happens after death...

maybe we enter a magical world or maybe we come back to earth but as a different person?? who knows

Look death is inevitable so I say you should live for the moment and not for something that you can't change, and whatever happens will happen, you can't change that, you can only change the now.

So don't stress about whether their is a deity or not, because that won't change the inevitable that end that will come your way anyway, all you can do is just take it easy and get high.:smug:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hopefully, I will just die. The pain has to stop at some point, dear xox
Original post by FRZ

I think your question is misleading. It assumes something happens after death.
Our current understanding is that once you are dead, you cease existing because the particles you are made of scatter around the Earth to form part of the body of other organisms or the physical make up of the environment.
I don't believe anything happens after death. As an atheist, I believe that when we die, we simply cease to exist; we won't have any awareness, just like before we were born.
Reply 7
Original post by Leviathan1741
I don't believe anything happens after death. As an atheist, I believe that when we die, we simply cease to exist; we won't have any awareness, just like before we were born.

Its the concept of oblivion which scares people into thinking up alternatives, like religeon.
Reply 8
i was expecting some crazy answers but actually most of them are intellectual :h:
You become worm food.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FRZ

It's important to know what happens once we have died, not now
Nowt.
Reply 12
it's like sleeping but you never wake up.

you can't pinpoint the moment you fall asleep, nor do you know you're asleep, it's just a whole lot of nothingness until you wake up. that's what i imagine death will be like. and it's really strange/unsettling to comprehend that you'll be gone completely, but i guess that's why the notion of heaven etc exists.
The soul becomes separate to the body.

The body rots.

The soul seeks out areas of peace (no people around) that resemble places where it used to live, such as in houses. Soul finds abandoned houses the best.

And that's how houses in the middle of nowhere get haunted.
Your soul drives down the M25 to the nearest Burger King.*

*If you were born before 1925, it goes to Holland and Barrett instead.
Original post by Mpagtches
Your soul drives down the M25 to the nearest Burger King.*

*If you were born before 1925, it goes to Holland and Barrett instead.

lold hard
Either you are just dead and nothing. No electricity in your brain -- but that is so disappointing if that's all - as if everything anyone ever does in life is completely pointless ....since everything they've ever learned or known about ceases to exist once they die...wtf is the point in that? Plus those death experiences where people have had detailed descriptions of seeing themselves dead in surgery and can talk about things they would have no way of knowing unless it had truly happened.....I am a really skeptical person but it can't be discounted, though no doubt there's a few fakers.
I kind of believe there has to be some higher planes where there's some giant being of light and blahblah or becoming reborn as something/someone else and not remembering.
I don't like the idea of reincarnation and the traditional view of a heaven and hell split seems quite contrived and unlikely to me.

I would like some kind of afterlife where the soul goes, mostly because I want to think that my loved ones still exist on some level after they have died.

In reality, I didn't mind not existing before I was born, I'm sure I won't mind not existing after I have died.
Original post by FRZ

Our subjective awareness, what would we would consider the self, relies on a steady steam of continious activity of the brain. If that stream is interupted, the self no longer exists. When you die, all sense of awareness will cease to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending