The Student Room Group

how can i prepere?

So I'm doing another attempt at A Levels so I already know the whole routine and that I'm not a year 11 who doesn't know what they are walking into in terms of workload or anything. I picked philosophy, psychogy and business at my last attempt but quit halfway though to pursue something else and now I'm going back to A Levels and I am doing :

government and politics, sociology and (English Lang which I am planning on swaping)

I assume these will all be on the AQA specification so do you know anything I could do to prepere or get ahead since obviously I can't risk resitting AS when I'm already a year behind
Reply 1
I have been in a very similar situation. Left school and when to sixth form, hated it, dropped out and applied elsewhere the year after so I know how you feel!

My advice is to literally plan everything and read mark schemes (especially Sociology papers) so you know the sort of questions they ask and learn how to write them.
I made tons of flashcards for my subjects and took them to work and everywhere else I went! I also planned loads of past paper questions and used TSR a lot to chat to others when I got stuck.
My advise is not to give up, even when you get stressed and disheartened (My AS Sociology grade was a U and by the end of A2 I had a B!)
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by mlimbo_
I have been in a very similar situation. Left school and when to sixth form, hated it, dropped out and applied elsewhere the year after so I know how you feel!

My advice is to literally plan everything and read mark schemes (especially Sociology papers) so you know the sort of questions they ask and learn how to write them.
I made tons of flashcards for my subjects and took them to work and everywhere else I went! I also planned loads of past paper questions and used TSR a lot to chat to others when I got stuck.
My advise is not to give up, even when you get stressed and disheartened (My AS Sociology grade was a U and by the end of A2 I had a B!)
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for the advice! I'm honestly so nervous on taking on subject I know nothing about since all my uni choices have A*/A requirements or a lot of UCAS point
Reply 3
I didn't do Sociology at GCSE or anything but honestly it didn't really matter. I'm glad I picked it though as I absolutely loved it. Now I'm off to Uni next month to study Psychology and Criminology (and I am worried about studying that too!)
But you will learn everything to have to know though your teachers - as long as you concentrate and write up your notes you will be fine :smile: I'd give you advise for English but I did literature and not language!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest