The Student Room Group

Student, 17, hanged himself after being falsely accused of rape.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCitizenAct
You made this personal the moment you singled me out for criticism. So yes, it's quite obviously personal.

Brilliant logic. If something is personal, it's a personal attack because there's obviously nothing else that can follow the word 'personal' except the word 'attack.' It's like, a law of nature, innit.

Pah. :tongue:

Again, why are you making this about ethnicity? What is your problem with white people and what does it have to do with a 17 year old boy hanging himself?

Can't stand the sight of me? Hate what I have to say? Wish you could make me vanish from the earth? Here's an idea: don't respond to my posts.

I didn't. I responded to TorpidPhil's post, to which you responded without invitation. Can't stand the sight of me? Hate what I have to say? Wish you could make me vanish from Earth? Here's an idea: don't respond to my posts. :rolleyes:
It's truly disturbing that when a woman is raped in broad daylight in a John Lewis parking lot or in a poorly lit park, the MSM (Mainstream Media) will cover it from top to toe, but when an enthusiastic and bright 17 year old boy takes his own life following false allegations, the MSM doesn't bat an eye lid.

I hope the woman in question gets a life sentence in jail, or at the very least is charged with manslaughter. Iniquitous act.

R.I.P to the little boyo and many condolences to his family and friends.
Original post by Hydeman
Brilliant logic. If something is personal, it's a personal attack because there's obviously nothing else that can follow the word 'personal' except the word 'attack.' It's like, a law of nature, innit.

Pah. :tongue:

I didn't. I responded to TorpidPhil's post, to which you responded without invitation. Can't stand the sight of me? Hate what I have to say? Wish you could make me vanish from Earth? Here's an idea: don't respond to my posts. :rolleyes:

What would you call singling someone out for criticism? 'Not making it personal'?
Original post by BruceJender
It's truly disturbing that when a woman is raped in broad daylight in a John Lewis parking lot or in a poorly lit park, the MSM (Mainstream Media) will cover it from top to toe, but when an enthusiastic and bright 17 year old boy takes his own life following false allegations, the MSM doesn't bat an eye lid.

I hope the woman in question gets a life sentence in jail, or at the very least is charged with manslaughter. Iniquitous act.

R.I.P to the little boyo and many condolences to his family and friends.

It's also evident that even in social circles a man who stands up for men is singled out for criticism, whereby the same expression by a woman isn't just validated, it's publicised here, there and everywhere.

The baying mob - you can't defeat it. As the most upvoted comment in this thread pays testimony to.
It's fairly easy to see what's most important to the readers of this thread. It isn't that a boy has just killed himself, it's the opportunity to put me in my place and launch into a personal attack against me. If it wasn't, then the personal attack against me wouldn't be the most upvoted comment in this thread. To these people it's more important to attack me than sympathise with the subject of this thread.

That's a simple fact and it says everything that needs to be said about feminism.

More to the point, why are you siding with the person who has singled me out as an individual for criticism rather than addressing the topic of 17 year old boy hanging himself? Why are you condoning making this personal rather than just staying on topic?

You are the one who has ran with this "personal attack" you could have just not responded.

Also you have made this thread into a man vs woman thing. I would also say that you do a have a victim complex. I agree with Hydeman.

There really isn't much to address, the poor lad killed himself in a very unfortunate situation, but the police won't be arresting the girl. It is appalling and I think that is something that everyone would agree on. But **** happens.
Original post by DiddyDec
You are the one who has ran with this "personal attack" you could have just not responded.

Also you have made this thread into a man vs woman thing. I would also say that you do a have a victim complex. I agree with Hydeman.

There really isn't much to address, the poor lad killed himself in a very unfortunate situation, but the police won't be arresting the girl. It is appalling and I think that is something that everyone would agree on. But **** happens.

Well done for defending the bully. Take a bow. Perhaps you could defend the woman who falsely accused him, too? Perhaps she was 'depressed'?

I didn't turn this thread into anything, all I did was post a link; I was singled out for criticism and like a good bully appeaser you've just sat there and told me I shouldn't defend myself. What an upstanding individual you are. Keep fighting the good fight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
It happens and it is truly awful but what one must not do is make this into a women vs men sort of ordeal.

Completely agree.

This is terrible but it really isn't an opportunity to get one up against feminism. She was a young very stupid girl. And it's really terrible that someone lost their life as a result. This certainly isn't an everyday occurrence.
What would you call singling someone out for criticism? 'Not making it personal'?

I'd call it criticism -- something that you appear incapable of taking. I certainly wouldn't call it an 'attack.'

If you feel singled out, it's because you're the only person on this thread who has, in my view, said anything worth criticising. All the others are very sympathetic to the boy's plight. But I doubt they're under any illusions about what the motive of this thread really is.

Remember what I said about the amusing victim complex in my first post? Thanks for proving me right. :wink:

Just because disgusting things like this happen doesn't mean that rape culture doesnt exist - it does.
Reply 29
Feminazism
Original post by Hydeman
I'd call it criticism -- something that you appear incapable of taking. I certainly wouldn't call it an 'attack.'

If you feel singled out, it's because you're the only person on this thread who has, in my view, said anything worth criticising. All the others are very sympathetic to the boy's plight. But I doubt they're under any illusions about what the motive of this thread really is.

Remember what I said about the amusing victim complex in my first post? Thanks for proving me right. :wink:

Oh, look everyone - it's all about me! Again! Do you have anything to add to this thread? Or are you merely here to attack me relentlessly?
It's also evident that even in social circles a man who stands up for men is singled out for criticism, whereby the same expression by a woman isn't just validated, it's publicised here, there and everywhere.

The baying mob - you can't defeat it. As the most upvoted comment in this thread pays testimony to.

Did you read or watch the article/interview about this women who claimed the air conditioning in her office was "sexist" which was covered by Sky News?

If not, here's a link :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNH0bmYT7os

Can you imagine how the reaction would be if a guy complained? You guessed it, there would be no reaction, because no one would cover it... basically what you've said.

It's a disgrace.
Reply 32
I'm going through a semi-similar thing.

Recently been reported for sexual harassment while I am completely innocent. Lucky for me it was internally investigated but the outcome was a "final warning" and an apology to the accuser. Funny thing is that they have no evidence. Btw I'm a guy, this case would probs have gone ignored if the genders were switched. I am not going to apologise and informed them that I would rather quit than allow these sanctions to be placed.

It is unfortunate for this death, may he RIP but he chose his death with suicide, no-one hanged him except for himself. He's to blame for his death not anyone else.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well done for defending the bully. Take a bow. Perhaps you could defend the woman who falsely accused him, too? Perhaps she was 'depressed'?

I didn't turn this thread into anything, all I did was post a link; I was singled out for criticism and like a good bully appeaser you've just sat there and told me I shouldn't defend myself. What an upstanding individual you are. Keep fighting the good fight.

At what point did I say what the girl did was acceptable as you are implying?

The first person to mention feminism in this thread was you by post 6. Clearly you had other motives in making this thread. So don't give me the "I'm innocent" routine because it doesn't hold any water.
Original post by ivybridge
Just because disgusting things like this happen doesn't mean that rape culture doesnt exist - it does.

0.5% of females (and 0.1% of males) reported being raped last year, according to The Home Office. That's a high estimate. That means 99.5% of the female population went un-raped.

That's not a rape culture.

Do you know the etymology of the term 'rape culture'? Do you know that, according to the Dept. of Justice, more men are raped in The USA every year than women?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge

How does it exist exactly?
Oh, look everyone - it's all about me! Again! Do you have anything to add to this thread? Or are you merely here to attack me relentlessly?

I think I'm just about done here. Keep going on like a broken record entitled, Poor, Persecuted Me by TheCitizenAct.

You also seem to have ignored your own advice about not responding to posts that you don't like. Well done.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hevachan
It annoys me ALOT when women do this.. I actually know someone who accused a lad of rape when she was just 13/14... went through the police and she only confessed when it started to get serious. It's just crazy that she did it at such a young age!

Girls that do this need to realise that they are ****ing other women over.
0.5% of females and 0.1% of males reported being raped last year, according to The Home Office. That's a high estimate. That means 99.5% of the population went un-raped.

That's not a rape culture.

Do you know the etymology of the term 'rape culture'? Do you know that, according to the Dept. of Justice, more men are raped in The USA every year than women?

Sources?

You are talking about the act of rape. Actually raping people is not the only thing that constitutes 'rape culture'.
Original post by DiddyDec

At what point did I say what the girl did was acceptable as you are implying?

The first person to mention feminism in this thread was you by post 6. Clearly you had other motives in making this thread. So don't give me the "I'm innocent" routine because it doesn't hold any water.

And? Is feminism impervious to criticism now? Is it sacrosanct?

I didn't make this personal. My name was dropped into this thread in a manner that singled me out for criticism, I was then lambasted, as a person, for no apparent reason. My points weren't addressed, I was addressed.

And here you are, again, appeasing this behaviour. Bravo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending