The Student Room Group

I reported my old teacher for sexual abuse and I don’t know how to feel about it.

I’m 23, when I was 15 my 27 year old teacher had a 2 year relationship with me, we kissed, met up outside of school and we had other sexual contact. When I was 17 it ended officially because I came out as gay, he supported me a lot and has helped me ever since, any mile stone in my life he is there but I’ve been struggling to come to terms with the fact that he sexually abused me because I was 15 I should’ve known better. He would buy me things and would threaten to kill himself if I ever told anyone. Now after 8 years I reported it to my school, they’ve contacted the police and the police want me to support them in the investigation but he has a gf and children and he may have changed since then. Am I doing the right thing?
Reply 1
Original post by Chaosend
I’m 23, when I was 15 my 27 year old teacher had a 2 year relationship with me, we kissed, met up outside of school and he xxxx me occasionally. When I was 17 it ended officially because I came out as gay, he supported me a lot and has helped me ever since, any mile stone in my life he is there but I’ve been struggling to come to terms with the fact that he sexually abused me because I was 15 I should’ve known better. He would buy me things and would threaten to kill himself if I ever told anyone. Now after 8 years I reported it to my school, they’ve contacted the police and the police want me to support them in the investigation but he has a gf and children and he may have changed since then. Am I doing the right thing?

Hi,

Sorry you have been through this. You are being very brave and definitely doing the right thing.

Just reaching out to you as I wanted to let you know there is other support available out there that may be of use:

The NHS have a useful section on their site that talks about help and options after experiencing sexual abuse

You may also wish to reach out to Victim Support:
https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/
Get in touch anytime for independent, free, and confidential advice:
Call Supportline on 08 08 16 89 111

Rape crisis is another really useful organisation with some great support links and advice.

I hope this is of use.

Take care and please look after yourself.

Best wishes,
TSR Support
Reply 2
I’m 23, when I was 15 my 27 year old teacher had a 2 year relationship with me, we kissed, met up outside of school and he fingered me occasionally. When I was 17 it ended officially because I came out as gay, he supported me a lot and has helped me ever since, any mile stone in my life he is there but I’ve been struggling to come to terms with the fact that he sexually abused me because I was 15 I should’ve known better. He would buy me things and would threaten to kill himself if I ever told anyone. Now after 8 years I reported it to my school, they’ve contacted the police and the police want me to support them in the investigation but he has a gf and children and he may have changed since then. Am I doing the right thing?

Yes you are doing the right thing for you, his girlfriend, his children and any for everyone else. He was physically and mentally manipulating you and grooming you. People like that don't change and deserve to be behind bars to stop this from happening to anyone else.
I’m 23, when I was 15 my 27 year old teacher had a 2 year relationship with me, we kissed, met up outside of school and we had other sexual contact. When I was 17 it ended officially because I came out as gay, he supported me a lot and has helped me ever since, any mile stone in my life he is there but I’ve been struggling to come to terms with the fact that he sexually abused me because I was 15 I should’ve known better. He would buy me things and would threaten to kill himself if I ever told anyone. Now after 8 years I reported it to my school, they’ve contacted the police and the police want me to support them in the investigation but he has a gf and children and he may have changed since then. Am I doing the right thing?

You are doing the right thing by reporting it. You were groomed into sexual abuse and blackmailed into silence. 15 is under the age of consent. You are not responsible for what has happened to you. At 27, your teacher knew better, but instead chose to take advantage of you and your innocence. You did nothing wrong in the situation, and I’m so sorry you have had to deal with this alone for so long.

Wishing you all the best in this rough time.

So, you say you're 23...

Yet 3 months ago you created 3 different threads in which you said you were 24, 25 and 22 respectively. It's kind of hard to believe someone who has such a loose regard for simple details.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7308035
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=97975494
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=97966040
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
So, you say you're 23...

Yet 3 months ago you created 3 different threads in which you said you were 24, 25 and 22 respectively. It's kind of hard to believe someone who has such a loose regard for simple details.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7308035
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=97975494
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=97966040

I change my age to stay anonymous, that being said I actually turn 23 in august. My age now isn’t really that big of a detail but for this one I thought it would be best to be more accurate.
Reply 6

He's a peado glad you reported it
I change my age to stay anonymous, that being said I actually turn 23 in august. My age now isn’t really that big of a detail but for this one I thought it would be best to be more accurate.

You're anonymous anyway, so that's utterly irrelevant. I stand by my original opinion.
Reply 8
You're anonymous anyway, so that's utterly irrelevant. I stand by my original opinion.

Not really, the information in my other posts is incredibly accurate, I made the same mistake on Reddit and a family member came across the post and instantly connected it to me. This one I didn’t mind sharing my actual age because none of my family and friends are aware of the situation so it wouldn’t be possible for them to connect it to me.
Not really, the information in my other posts is incredibly accurate, I made the same mistake on Reddit and a family member came across the post and instantly connected it to me. This one I didn’t mind sharing my actual age because none of my family and friends are aware of the situation so it wouldn’t be possible for them to connect it to me.

I've read them all. I doubt Sherlock Holmes could work out who you are, even with the swapping between partners.
You could just put a tick in the 'Post anonymously' box. I assume it's there for stuff like this. Though I'm guessing your user name is kind of anonymous. I'm doubtful with such broad details anyone could link.

Assuming you are being straight with us on this one, you say you don't know how you feel about it? How so?
Reply 11
I've read them all. I doubt Sherlock Holmes could work out who you are, even with the swapping between partners.

It’s the same partner haha and Sherlock holmes couldnt figure it out because I make sure to change small details so it doesn’t come back to me. Trust me my gf would 100% figure it out if she saw the post.
Reply 12
Original post by Katerina S.
You could just put a tick in the 'Post anonymously' box. I assume it's there for stuff like this. Though I'm guessing your user name is kind of anonymous. I'm doubtful with such broad details anyone could link.

Assuming you are being straight with us on this one, you say you don't know how you feel about it? How so?

I have bad anxiety, so it makes sense why I’d take every precaution to not let it be traced back to me, also whenever I click post anonymously I can never find my posts again, and it still doesn’t make me stop worrying that the information in the post is accurate enough to connect it to me, regardless I just wanted advice on my situation, not really a great time for me to be explaining myself for stuff that I have my reasons for. I’m not sure why people chose this post to call me out on just changing my age for each post. I’d understand if I was spewing whole stories that didn’t add up but my age isn’t too big of a deal in those other posts so I didn’t really see the issue. For this post I chose to be more accurate as ages are relevant to my story.
You are 100% doing the right thing. Whether it was 8 weeks ago, 8 months ago or 8 years ago. It still happened. He did something that he should never have done. Regardless if he is there for you now. He manipulated you. He assaulted you and he now needs to pay for what he has done. It's not right. I'm so so sorry you've had to go through this. Best of luck for the future. You're a very brave girl.
Reply 14
Trust me my gf would 100% figure it out if she saw the post.

But would your bf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending