The Student Room Group

how do i cope with being a virgin for my whole life

im likely going to remain a virgin for several reasons. how will i cope with this
Get a hobby.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Get a hobby.

that isnt going to help for the rest of my life
Reply 3
surely it cant be your whole life.
whats the reasons then? medical reasons or what?
Original post by casual94
surely it cant be your whole life.
whats the reasons then? medical reasons or what?

i have no sex drive at all and never have
Reply 5
Original post by deez nuts moment

if you don't want to have sex, why is not having sex an issue?
that isnt going to help for the rest of my life

Girls are temporary, thestudentroom.co.uk is eternal.
Original post by black tea
if you don't want to have sex, why is not having sex an issue?

if i ever get a girlfriend they are going to want to have sex at some point

Then don't get a girlfriend and be single your whole life. I am 26 (I am presuming that you are younger than me) and I have never had a girlfriend and have never had sex. I likely never will. It gets isolating on occasion but the reality of life is that some people are not designed to be in a romantic relationship, alongside the physical and sexual aspects that come with a romantic relationship.

It's better to accept that you are incapable of being in a relationship than to have feelings for someone that will never work out. You will almost certainly hurt yourself and the other person in the process. Don't do it. Period. Besides, unless you desperately want to reproduce your own offspring in future then there are no real legitimate benefits to being in a relationship aside from occasional companionship. Hope this helps you.
Reply 9

Not necessarily. You are not the only asexual person on the planet - there are plenty of individuals who want a romantic but not a sexual relationship. Have you ever checked out the AVEN website? It may be worth having a look and maybe chatting to some people on there who may be in a similar boat to you. You are not alone.
im likely going to remain a virgin for several reasons. how will i cope with this

How old are you? Male or female?

I'm 40 now and male and still a virgin technically although I've had relationships, I believed in saving myself for marriage but the woman never came and neither did that marriage unfortunately and it's looking less likely that it will.

I have no dreams, no purpose and no vision anymore. I'm ok looking (I think as I can get a date here and there), well travelled, level headed, sociable but it's been more than 8 years since I was properly with someone and that only lasted a few months.

I think being unable to find the right woman is a failure of the highest order. How can someone be alone for this long.

Funny in a way in reading and writing this tonight as I'm staying in a hotel at the moment for a work event next week and I can literally hear people have sex in the next room....

Sometimes wish I wasn't born so I didn't have to endure this life.
Original post by Anonymous #2
How old are you? Male or female?

I'm 40 now and male and still a virgin technically although I've had relationships, I believed in saving myself for marriage but the woman never came and neither did that marriage unfortunately and it's looking less likely that it will.

I have no dreams, no purpose and no vision anymore. I'm ok looking (I think as I can get a date here and there), well travelled, level headed, sociable but it's been more than 8 years since I was properly with someone and that only lasted a few months.

I think being unable to find the right woman is a failure of the highest order. How can someone be alone for this long.

Funny in a way in reading and writing this tonight as I'm staying in a hotel at the moment for a work event next week and I can literally hear people have sex in the next room....

Sometimes wish I wasn't born so I didn't have to endure this life.

Jesus dude. At least you never had to endure heartbreak. What if you damaged/annoyed her and she went to police (and made up a false accusation) and you went to prison? You can literally do whatever you want, when you want. You're living the married/in a relationship man's dream. Embrace it rather than living the sad life of a forever alone resentful basement dweller.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a virgin for my whole life unless I pay for it. My looks and personality are both unattractive to women.
Oh no, not another one of these threads...
Reply 14

Have you ever considered that you’re asexual?

Not exactly, some people fit under the asexual umbrella. It isn’t the be all and end all for everyone, if you feel this way someone else is bound to feel the same you just haven’t found them yet
Jesus dude. At least you never had to endure heartbreak. What if you damaged/annoyed her and she went to police (and made up a false accusation) and you went to prison? You can literally do whatever you want, when you want. You're living the married/in a relationship man's dream. Embrace it rather than living the sad life of a forever alone resentful basement dweller.

If you "damage" someone, I think that's a pretty sound reason for them to go to the police and not a case of them making up accusations...

Is better to have loved someone though than not experienced it at all?

On your second point, I agree, these days, yes the false accusations can be massively damaging and seriously scary with some of the stories you hear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending