The Student Room Group

A student advice/prospective medic blog?

Poll

What would be most useful to you?

Hey guys! Last weekend I started a new blog about my journey to becoming a medic. I intend to write about GCSEs, personal statements, A level, work experience, university courses and aptitude tests, with the intention of sharing my experiences and maybe giving any advice I can to younger students. I was just wondering what people wish they had been told/advised on, or what topics people might be interested in hearing about?

Thanks xx
Original post by I can do this
Hey guys! Last weekend I started a new blog about my journey to becoming a medic. I intend to write about GCSEs, personal statements, A level, work experience, university courses and aptitude tests, with the intention of sharing my experiences and maybe giving any advice I can to younger students. I was just wondering what people wish they had been told/advised on, or what topics people might be interested in hearing about?

Thanks xx

Dentistry mainly and a level choices regarding that also any work experience tips when you're supposed to do it where I should if I want to go into dentistry and personal statement help and applying for sixth forms

Lol nothing much😊
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Dentistry mainly and a level choices regarding that also any work experience tips when you're supposed to do it where I should if I want to go into dentistry and personal statement help and applying for sixth forms

Lol nothing much😊

Haha, great, thank you! I think I'll do one on work experience first! http://themedictobe.blogspot.co.uk/
Haha, great, thank you! I think I'll do one on work experience first! http://themedictobe.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank you much appreciated 😉
How to deal with revision and work experience
Hey Guys - today's post on work experience is up! Sorry, it's a bit long :/ Let me know if there are any typos :wink:
Oh, and thank you all for your help :smile:
Hey Guys - today's post on work experience is up! Sorry, it's a bit long :/ Let me know if there are any typos :wink:

It's really good. Good to hear that you are really positive and have kept on going despite the rejections. Also helpful because I want to study medicine and am currently looking for work experience and by reading that I have got a good idea of where to start from.
Thanks.
Original post by the-future-medic
It's really good. Good to hear that you are really positive and have kept on going despite the rejections. Also helpful because I want to study medicine and am currently looking for work experience and by reading that I have got a good idea of where to start from.
Thanks.

I'm so glad to hear it helped, and thanks so much for the positive feedback! If you need any help, feel free to PM me :smile:
I'm so glad to hear it helped, and thanks so much for the positive feedback! If you need any help, feel free to PM me :smile:

Thanks
Hi all! What do you want to hear about next? Any particular queries I can help with?
New post on time management strategies: http://themedictobe.blogspot.co.uk/

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest