The Student Room Group

Urgent help

Please help I have to go through clearing and idk which course to pick chemistry at qmul or computer science at UEA I am interested in both courses but which one will take me further ?
Original post by redjelly21
Please help I have to go through clearing and idk which course to pick chemistry at qmul or computer science at UEA I am interested in both courses but which one will take me further ?

That’s quite a difference!

What are your deadlines for adding each course?

Can you afford/would you like to live in London? It’s not for everyone.

Has either offered guaranteed accommodation?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
That’s quite a difference!

What are your deadlines for adding each course?

Can you afford/would you like to live in London? It’s not for everyone.

Has either offered guaranteed accommodation?

The deadline is 10 am today and I’m not too bothered about the extra things such as accommodation and living as I’m happy with both unis. I’m just stressed about the course options as I’m not sure which would give me more options after graduating
The deadline is 10 am today and I’m not too bothered about the extra things such as accommodation and living as I’m happy with both unis. I’m just stressed about the course options as I’m not sure which would give me more options after graduating

Your options are going to be similar for both. What will make the difference is where you’re most likely to get the best degree classification possible for you and get involved in lots of things outside your studies.

Hey @redjelly21 :smile:

We have blog posts on careers for graduates after studying both of these courses that I thought you might find helpful to help make your decision.
5 careers for Computer Science graduates
Things they don't tell you about Chemistry degrees

Research the job prospects, potential salaries and growth opportunities for both fields. Assess your strengths and skills, do you prefer more analytical thinking/problem solving etc (computer sci) or scientific experimentation, research etc (chemistry) ? - try look at it like this and match up your skills.

Have you made a pro's and con's list about both uni's and the courses, taking a look at the facilities, location, support offered, student life, read stories from recent alumni from those courses and what jobs they've got into?

Both courses have the potential to lead you far. I hope you make the right decision for you, trust your gut and believe in yourself to make the right choice. If you can, reach out to any current students on those courses to try gain some more insight and advice.

Good luck :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending