The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Accomodation: Deluxe Ensuite's at Newcastle

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea what the biggest differences are between the normal ensuites and deluxe ensuites? I'm not a fan of sharing toilets so I have to get an ensuite... it seems really convinient for not that much extra per week.

Victora Hall

Grand Hotel

Castle Leazes

The View

Park Terrace

Kensington Terrace

I've found the above offer the deluxe but only 1 or 2 actually have pictures of it. At home I'm used to a fairly big room (I didn't think it was big until I saw uni accomodation haha) so I hope I don't sound like a snob or anything but just as a fairly tall and large person I don't want to be crammed into one of those small rooms.

Are there any real advantages to getting a contract for accomodation at 42 weeks vs 38 weeks? I live about an hour or two away so getting home isn't hard and I plan on applying for internships/summer jobs (and also to get into private accomodation or something by second year, uni rates look a fair bit expensive compared to the regular private sector). Are 38 weeks enough to finish all your exams, finish 1st year, have a week or two time before you go home?

Also do you reckon the desks have room for triple monitors (24x3), and are you allowed speakers (have big ol' Corsair SP2500s that I want to use) in the rooms.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending