The Student Room Group

Accused of cheating in mock

So I sat my mock and I revised really hard because I want to take it as an A level and I done well but the teacher accused me of finding the mark scheme and using it, when I didn't the reason for this is because other people in my class used it. Really upset because I revised and done well and got accused of cheating
Complain to your head of year.
Reply 2
So I tried to talk to her about this after lesson today and she totally ignored me and said she had no time. Now there's a rumour spread saying I cheated when I didn't and I can't justify myself to my teacher since she won't listen , I still don't understand how I cheated because I got 47/60 I revised really hard. If revising really long and hard and doing well in the exam ends up you being called a cheater for you hard work by your one teacher what's the point of trying? So frustrated. Also apparently she's going to call my mum about this since she's a teacher my mum will believe every word of hers ffs so emotional at the moment
Rumour will die down, ignore it. RE the issue at hand, find a trusted teacher/ head of year asap and tell them the whole story. You need someone on your side.
Get to your mum first, before the teacher can reach her.
Reply 5
I got 56/60 in a GCSE Chemistry mock. Nobody thought twice. Though suspicions were raised over a D-grade student who just got an A* (like 42/60).

I'd guess that you were generally working a bit below that standard beforehand, and so it was just unexpected for the teacher when you suddenly get a much higher mark on the mock itself? It's natural to be suspicious, just prove to them that you are an A-grade student and that they have nothing to be suspicious of.
I think at my school I was indirectly accused of cheating, I was bullied and treated like dirt so got average/low grades but every time I decided to study hard I got good grades.

The only teacher I outright remember acusing me was this one who just graduated uni and had been working at school less than a year but he was the sort to accuse people of anything as he was snooty to kids from council estates, he accused me of being a smoker and even now I dont, he accused me of forging parents signature as my mums is messy (she is dyslexic) though the other teachers didnt even care and even though I left school with excellent grades in all but 1 class (geography my weak point) to the point I got 100% in many mocks when I asked for a ucas reference I was called slow and in need of learning support (I am autistic but school refused to diagnose and accept it just saying I was from a poor family so lazy yes they actually said that) even though I only got learning support in first 2 years due to bullying and turned it down after that.

Quick Reply

Latest