The Student Room Group

To have exam threads get closed after results day

Loads of exam threads get bumped so that students can cheat on their mocks (note: I couldn’t give two damns if someone wants to cheat and I’ll won’t rat someone out for doing so, but I don’t think that TSR, should be encouraging this given that you can’t even do things such as post full solutions when helping someone in study help for example).

I think that all exam discussions threads and discussions around locked papers ought to be closed after results day (as they are no longer relevant beyond that point when it comes to students who actually did the exam or who want to support others who did the exam during the exams season). Maybe even go as far as archiving the threads similar to how it’s done for GYG, the community awards etc

There should also be more clarity on what I actually means to share interview/exam questions and whether that refers to sharing the questions or the paper itself.

I’m not doing this a form as I can’t choose an appropriate label and things like a browser and device used is irrelevant.

Again I don’t care about cheating, but just something to consider and something others have somewhat pointed out.
Just looping in @Evil Homer on this one as a potential process change, as it's not tech related as far as I can tell! :smile:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Just looping in @Evil Homer on this one as a potential process change, as it's not tech related as far as I can tell! :smile:

Yeah this is just feedback more than tech related stuff.
The auto-close feature (when it finally gets switched on) should resolve most of this.

Papers that are not yet made public mustn't be shared as an attachment, image or link as this is illegal on copyright grounds (not cheating grounds).
Typing out the questions of a paper, from memory, isn't illegal as far as I am aware. Because it might not be correct, TSR or the exam board will not verify that it is correct, therefore the source is unofficial and isn't 100% guarantee that the answers or questions are right.

The full solution rule isn't to stop people cheating (though I suppose that may be a factor). It's that if you just give someone the answer you aren't actually helping them learn the method. If you give hints, draw them towards the answer and let them figure out on their own - they are learning. The full solution rule puts the "Help" into "Study Help". Otherwise it's just the "post the answers" section of the site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending