The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CaitlinN15
No I didn't get DQed basically due to personal circumstances I had surgery weeks before exams, was in hospital for 2 months prior. My teacher who is so poor she's on review delibrately refused on a regular basis to give me the material for unit 4, saying it's my fault I'm putting my health first etc. I need to be in college to get the work, even my parents went into the college to get the work but she blankly refused because she thought I was faking my surgery. Long story short the content I didn't get told and taught (yes I had revision guides but it only had about 1 page for each topic for unit 4) was on the exam, I knew nothing,I wrote nothing.

The only question I answered was methods in content. That only is not even an E grade.

So....

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's terrible. I hope you did well in Unit 3 to balance it out. Best of luck to you☹️
No I didn't get DQed basically due to personal circumstances I had surgery weeks before exams, was in hospital for 2 months prior. My teacher who is so poor she's on review delibrately refused on a regular basis to give me the material for unit 4, saying it's my fault I'm putting my health first etc. I need to be in college to get the work, even my parents went into the college to get the work but she blankly refused because she thought I was faking my surgery. Long story short the content I didn't get told and taught (yes I had revision guides but it only had about 1 page for each topic for unit 4) was on the exam, I knew nothing,I wrote nothing.

The only question I answered was methods in content. That only is not even an E grade.

So....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that
Your teacher sounds so evil😢
Hopefully your university understands...
Original post by Altun63
That's terrible. I hope you did well in Unit 3 to balance it out. Best of luck to you☹️

Yeah :dontknow::no:had a similar problem last year, had 2 other surgeries during the year and I ended getting a D in sociology last year. .. I resat the exams this year but I feel like I've done worse because my surgery was so close to them...

I feel like I've got: CD (in both my as resits) BU in A2 exams..in need a C for uni, I really don't think it's going to balance out :frown:( my unit 3 went amazing I planned for the news bias to come on as I had a sneak suspicion and I was right so I literally learned the 33 marker word for word ahaha.

Good luck to you too and thank you..just got to hope:frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah :dontknow::no:had a similar problem last year, had 2 other surgeries during the year and I ended getting a D in sociology last year. .. I resat the exams this year but I feel like I've done worse because my surgery was so close to them...

I feel like I've got: CD (in both my as resits) BU in A2 exams..in need a C for uni, I really don't think it's going to balance out :frown:( my unit 3 went amazing I planned for the news bias to come on as I had a sneak suspicion and I was right so I literally learned the 33 marker word for word ahaha.

Good luck to you too and thank you..just got to hope:frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's worth ringing your Uni in the morning if worse case scenario they reject you, you can perhaps explain your circumstance to them ?

If you already have told them before exams it's worth mentioning it again to them and you never know they may sympathies with you.

Afterall all the admins are human 🙂
Praise be to Jesus, dat Unit 3 grade boundary tho.

Unit 4, meh.
A*! I'm so super pumped.
Original post by pecora
A*! I'm so super pumped.

Congratulations!!!! Wish you all the best ! x
Original post by pecora
A*! I'm so super pumped.

Congrats
Were you expecting that?
Just been accepted to my firm !!!!!!
Original post by pecora
a*! I'm so super pumped.

well done:smile:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
well done:smile:

Thank you!

Original post by xxvine
Congrats
Were you expecting that?

Thanks! Actually, yes, I thought SCLY4 went well enough to bring everything up. I don't know the UMS yet but I reckon it should be very close to 100%.
Wth I got an A* in sociology, how?!? I mentioned like 2 sociologists in SCLY4!
PRAISE POSTMODERNISM AND STATE CRIME, got a B.

SUCK MY DICK DURKHEIM AND PARSONS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOW somehow i got an A*!!!!! I got a B overall and was thought i got a c lmao dont know how so happy
WOW somehow i got an A*!!!!! I got a B overall in AS and thought i got a c in A2 lmao dont know how so happy
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Wth I got an A* in sociology, how?!? I mentioned like 2 sociologists in SCLY4!

Original post by SoggyCabbages
PRAISE POSTMODERNISM AND STATE CRIME, got a B.

SUCK MY DICK DURKHEIM AND PARSONS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
WOW somehow i got an A*!!!!! I got a B overall and was thought i got a c lmao dont know how so happy

Aaah congrats guys!! I was surprised with my A* too hahah
I got an A which I'm super happy with omg!! A in unit 3 and a C in Unit 4 :smile:
Reply 5497
Can anyone help me with this? I can't find the A* requirements on the grade boundaries for the cash-ins for any of my subjects.
Hi everyone!

Today's the big day - how did your results go?! I hope you got the sociology grade you wanted!

Congrats to everyone already on the thread who received their results

If you need any info about results, UCAS, clearing or anything else, just let me know :h:
:bl:

sociology 1!

(edited 7 years ago)
I got a B
Really wanted an A😢

Latest

Trending

Trending