The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

C... B's in both A2 exams, but, sadly, even bringing up my unit 2 grade from last year to a C didn't get rid of my D overall, which brought my B to a C.

Really wanna see my breakdown though, to see how I did on that Post Mod question
I got an A in Unit 3, but only a C in Unit 4. This surprised me as after taking the exam I thought I had done reasonably well, though probably a little weak on state crime. UMS marks for a B is 84, I got 82 in Unit 4.
Got an A* !! Totally unexpected after scly4
I got an overall A* - full marks in both unit 3 and unit 4!
Original post by yvchan
I got an overall A* - full marks in both unit 3 and unit 4!

Congrats
Smarty pants
Original post by YorksKillerby
I got an A in Unit 3, but only a C in Unit 4. This surprised me as after taking the exam I thought I had done reasonably well, though probably a little weak on state crime. UMS marks for a B is 84, I got 82 in Unit 4.

I got an A for unit 4....96 UMS and didn't even answer the state crime question. I actually missed it out because of timing and didn't understand the question.
I must have done okay in the other questions then....
A overall ! Surpeer happy , got a B in AS and A in A2 - 72 in unit 3 & 98 in unit 4 I'm really surprised by SCLY4
A* in Sociology with 120/120 in the Crime and Deviance w/ theory and methods paper - even though I made most of the answer about state crime up
Somehow managed to do better on the unit 4 exam which i didn't feel great about than unit 3 which i thought i did quite well on. Got an A, 374/400 UMS overall but missed out on A* as i got less than 180 this year. Im happy but annoyed!
I got an A* for sociology honestly dont know how that happened :/ considering i got a B for AS
Original post by dmet
A* is achieved by gaining an overall A 320 ums then you need 90% ums (180) for A2 exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does the 90% have to be achieved in each unit or just an average over the two A2 units? I am retaking SCLY4 already and I achieved 69/80 UMS in SCLY3 which is 3 UMS from 90%, so if I made it up in SCLY4 and got around 95% would this average out and be an A*? Is it worth getting SCLY3 remarked to see if it goes up at all, because I'm not sure how much Sociology exams can go up with remarks (e.g. Maths is hard to gain marks in through remarking because it's so objective)

Hope this makes sense and thanks!! Sorry if you don't know haha, just not really sure who to ask
An A*

I am astonished and delighted, especially as I did the whole A-level from scratch in 9 months like some of the other mature students here.

And full marks for SCLY 4 - which made me very, very happy too!
Original post by fireflyforever
An A*

I am astonished and delighted, especially as I did the whole A-level from scratch in 9 months like some of the other mature students here.

And full marks for SCLY 4 - which made me very, very happy too!

Aw that's so good!! Well done :biggrin: x
Original post by missbubbley
I got an A* for sociology honestly dont know how that happened :/ considering i got a B for AS

Same I got a b last year and was honestly expecting a C. My examiner must have been drunk as I found unit 4 so difficult and wrote aload of crap for state crime and postmod questions.
Reply 5534
I did the same and suprisling also got an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Same I got a b last year and was honestly expecting a C. My examiner must have been drunk as I found unit 4 so difficult and wrote aload of crap for state crime and postmod questions.

Well, hurray for inebriated markers then, well done!
Reply 5536
Yes it's 90% for the A2 exams only

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A*! so surprised and happy, like others I managed to get 120/120 UMS in scly4 which is crazy considering the crime and deviance and methods paper wasn't the nicest! Ended up with 195/200 ums for the A2 units which was a real shock but a good shock! Seriously everyone should be proud of their results regardless of what they are and hopefully you enjoyed learning about such an interesting subject!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Aw that's so good!! Well done :biggrin: x

Original post by dmet
I did the same and suprisling also got an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

And well done to you both!!
Idk how I managed to do it but I got A* overall!!! Totally unexpected especially after how badly scly4 went for me but IM SO HAPPYYYY

Latest

Trending

Trending