The Student Room Group

Is anybody good with MIT App Inventor 2?

I need to complete a controlled assessment in computing but I am stuck. I prefer actually coding to block coding and really need help. If anybody could give me tips it would be greatly appreciated.

My tasks are:

1. Create or obtain a map of a campus, with at least 10 labelled buildings. Set up an app that displays this map on a phone or emulator

2. For each of the 10 labelled buildings, you will need to store the maximum number of computers available. Develop your app so that when the image of a building is touched or clicked, the number of available computers in that building is displayed

3. Create two buttons, 'reserve' and 'cancel'. Ensure that when the 'reserve' button is clicked, the number of computers shown as available for that building is decremented. Similarly, the 'cancel' button increments the number of computers available. Make sure that operating the 'cancel' button cannot increase the number of available computers beyond the maximum in that building

4. Create a feature that displays the location of computers available in other buildings in case there are none available in the chosen building

5. Evaluate the success of your app and comment on how useful it might be to a member of the university

6. Describe one simple additional feature that you would recommend adding to the app. Explain why it would be useful

7. Extend your original app to include this additional feature. Make sure you show and explain all the planning and code blocks that you use

8. A real implementation of this app would require an online database. Discuss the issues that need to be considered when planning the implementation of an implementation of an online database for this app

Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest