The Student Room Group

Usa

Does anyone know how to apply for universities in America, I’m a uk student I’ve just done a levels I was wondering what is the process
Reply 1
Most unis u go through common app, some unis like MIT or a lot of the ones in california u have to apply to directly I think?
Original post by randoperson26101
Does anyone know how to apply for universities in America, I’m a uk student I’ve just done a levels I was wondering what is the process

sign up to common app and select the unis you're interested in, then once the applications open it'll show u the questions you need to answer/essays to write
Original post by Anonymous
sign up to common app and select the unis you're interested in, then once the applications open it'll show u the questions you need to answer/essays to write

Yeah but for USA are there entry requirements like we have in the uk like u need AAA to do a uni course but is it the same for USA or is it solely based off those essays ?
Original post by randoperson26101
Yeah but for USA are there entry requirements like we have in the uk like u need AAA to do a uni course but is it the same for USA or is it solely based off those essays ?

they ask for grades but theres not any solid requirements - if youre thinking of ivy leagues then you should be targeting As and A*s. i think you have to provide a 'transcript' but idk if thats just predicted grades/achieved grades
Original post by Anonymous
they ask for grades but theres not any solid requirements - if youre thinking of ivy leagues then you should be targeting As and A*s. i think you have to provide a 'transcript' but idk if thats just predicted grades/achieved grades

Ah alright thanks a lot !!
US admission is very different, and does not have a centralised admissions process or application limit. There is a common application, which will help group some unis and there is different timelines for different unis.

In general how they evaluate students is also fundamentally different, in the UK you apply for a course, in the US whilst you do sometimes declare a major you really apply to the institution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending