The Student Room Group

F216 - OCR Biology Coursework

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone done the eval on yeast cells?
Reply 41
Original post by GetOverHere
I've done the quantitative and evaluative for yeast/NaCl. I also did my qualitative but for some reason I can't remember what it was about. If someone knows what all three possible qualitative tasks are, it'll probably jog my memory.

HI! any chance you could help me with the eval part of the yeast cells experiment?
Reply 42
Original post by erfanullah
I have done 3 isa for OCR a2 biology qual,quan&eval need anything message me
I have also done 2 OCR a2 chemistry qual & eval
just message me as I need help with the ocr chemistry a2 quan isa on rates of reaction

Have you done the effects of NaCl on yeast cells?
Original post by GetOverHere
I've done the quantitative and evaluative for yeast/NaCl. I also did my qualitative but for some reason I can't remember what it was about. If someone knows what all three possible qualitative tasks are, it'll probably jog my memory.

yh ik just like everyone else if you could honestly help with the yeast evaluative doing it tomorrow. tbh i hate i this bit last year my grade from the ISA was what bought my grades down
doing:
Quality: Urine (9)
Quantity: Photosynthesis (7)
Evaluative: based on photosynthesis. (12)
I hate how it is harder to get marks on the coursework papers than the exams.
Thanks You crazy man, doing leaf characteristic chi squared evaluative tomorrow😭😭😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats actually in the photosynthesis evaluative? I have been given nothing but the title.. this is already a retake because i got 11 out of 20 because my teacher didnt turn up to the talk on the evaluative... HELP MEH
Original post by ZOM Dackman
whats actually in the photosynthesis evaluative? I have been given nothing but the title.. this is already a retake because i got 11 out of 20 because my teacher didnt turn up to the talk on the evaluative... HELP MEH

It is very easy if you just follow the steps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Shubze
if anyone has a clue on qualitative 3; investigation on photosynthetic organisms' distribution based on abiotic factors please message me ASAPPPPPPP

Have you done this practical? I've got this in two days and have no idea what to revise for!
Original post by weamy
Have you done this practical? I've got this in two days and have no idea what to revise for!

You don't need to revise for anything really. It should all be relatively simple if you follow the instructions.

Learn how to draw a scientific drawing, a results table and, as for the questions, a basic GCSE knowledge would you see you through well.
Reply 49
Original post by kingaaran
You don't need to revise for anything really. It should all be relatively simple if you follow the instructions.

Learn how to draw a scientific drawing, a results table and, as for the questions, a basic GCSE knowledge would you see you through well.

Thank you so much.
I was getting really anxious as I couldn't find anything on the web.
I can breath a sigh of relief now.
Reply 50
Has anyone know any information about the quantitave(I think) practical "Investigation of leaf variation in a terrestial plant"? I've heard it's got something to do with holly but that's it. I'm doing it in a few days! Please answer ASAP!
Original post by weamy
Has anyone know any information about the quantitave(I think) practical "Investigation of leaf variation in a terrestial plant"? I've heard it's got something to do with holly but that's it. I'm doing it in a few days! Please answer ASAP!

It's easy! That's all you need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
It's easy! That's all you need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! That's good to know. :biggrin:
Reply 53

Will we be doing anything about limitations?
Original post by weamy
Will we be doing anything about limitations?

From what I remember, they didn't ask about limitations. But the first question on the evaluative, was a limitation-like question, just in a different form. Only 2 marks though.
Reply 55
There's an evaluative for it?! I thought it was a qualitative?
2 marks is a lot in the practicals :s-smilie:
Hi everyone. I have a quantitative task and an evaluative tomorrow! I keep getting low marks and just cannot do the coursework properely. Does anyone have answers to any of the quantitative and evaluative tasks please? 😳 It is effecting my chances of getting into biomedical science. Please I kindly request you, there are no words to describe how desparate I am right now. Just wish my thought proccesses matched the mark scheme. 😩 Any help will me very very very very appreaciated. Thank you in advance!
Reply 57
Original post by MunMUN96
Hi everyone. I have a quantitative task and an evaluative tomorrow! I keep getting low marks and just cannot do the coursework properely. Does anyone have answers to any of the quantitative and evaluative tasks please? 😳 It is effecting my chances of getting into biomedical science. Please I kindly request you, there are no words to describe how desparate I am right now. Just wish my thought proccesses matched the mark scheme. 😩 Any help will me very very very very appreaciated. Thank you in advance!

This book is usefull for the practicals:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Biology-Student-Unit-Guide-Edition/dp/144417858X

And so is this:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/81762-practical-skills-handbook-versions-1.4.pdf

And here you have past papers, mark schemes, supoort materials, e.t.c. :
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-biology-h021-h421/

And what eval and quant tasks do you mean? There's more than one. You'll at least need to know the title.

Hope it Helps
Reply 58
How do you calculate spine density of a leaf? Number of spines / length of leaf??

Or do I have to calculate approximate area or circumference of the leaf?
Original post by KB_97
How do you calculate spine density of a leaf? Number of spines / length of leaf??

Or do I have to calculate approximate area or circumference of the leaf?

Exactly that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending