The Student Room Group

How is eduqas a level computer science someone who has done it from experience???

Because I do ocr at gcse and idk about eduqas at a level what my college offer for this a level???
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by aryc_30
Because I do ocr at gcse and idk about eduqas at a level what my college offer for this a level???

I also did OCR at GCSE and now currently doing Eduqas for A Level. The one thing I can say is that it is really different from other exam boards in terms of access to ready-made revision resources and coursework.

Revision resources for OCR in GCSEs are everywhere whereas for Eduqas there are barely any (from experience searching) so even managing to find last minute revision is hard. There are textbooks you can use but even trying to use them now to prep for the actual exam seems a bit pointless as I feel they don’t go into enough detail. It’s a really niche exam board for the subject so the only advice I can really give that helped a lot is stay on top of your notes and use the mark scheme to structure them. I was able to get A*s consistently through first year just from that because once you have good notes it’s really just down to memorising them and what the mark scheme wants.

At the start it feels fairly easy but gets super content heavy at the end because there’s only 2 written exams for it (the other part is coursework) so staying on top of notes ends up being sooo important. Luckily my college had PowerPoints covering all the info we need because our teachers were really thorough - but that’s pretty much one of the only resources we got. (I’m not sure how your school will structure it but hopefully they’ll have some prepared if they’ve been using the exam board for a while)

Coursework wise, you are doing A LOT for only around 30% of your grade but it can end up being the difference between an A or a B. Compared to OCR A-Level it’s kind of annoying how much more specific we have to be for a similar amount of marks. I’m talking around 25 pages of writing for 15 marks. It’s really hard to keep on top of both coursework and other subjects (especially if you have other NEA based subjects or do an EPQ - I did one) but it mainly ends up being a matter of prioritising whatever is due in first.

It genuinely wouldn’t be my first choice for an exam board but once you get used to the question style and stay on top of notes (make them tailored to answer exam style questions) it is doable.

Good luck and if you have any questions on anything from first year just ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest