The Student Room Group

January Edexcel Chemistry IAL Unit 1 2016 (Thread)

Sorry forgot to include this in the title, this is for unit 1.

How'd your guys' exam go?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AhmedSiddiqui
Sorry forgot to include this in the title, this is for unit 1.

How'd your guys' exam go?

It wasnt hard ... Some tricky questions! But it was okay!
Original post by Adorable98
It wasnt hard ... Some tricky questions! But it was okay!

The hess law and the data book value were difficult for me because I didn't study or do enough questions on them, those were for like 7 marks, I think I still got 2 marks on them, and if I did the hess law question right, then I think i might have aced the exam so well. But all in all even if I don't get it right, I still think I EASILY got an A. What did you guys get the value for the hess law question? I remember for me it was like exothermic and like around the thousands maybe I think i got 3000, can someone who is well educated on this tell me the answer, or at least what you got and what you think is right?
(edited 8 years ago)
I think you shouldn't discuss exam questions right now due to different times zones, some people are still doing the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
I think you shouldn't discuss exam questions right now due to different times zones, some people are still doing the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was actually afraid of this, are we going to be in trouble or something? Or are we good?
Original post by PlayerBB

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, There's only 1-2 hours difference for IAL.

So please wait about 6 hours before discussing.
Original post by SaadKaleem
True, There's only 1-2 hours difference for IAL.

So please wait about 6 hours before discussing.

So should I like delete this thread or something o.O
So should I like delete this thread or something o.O

It's fine, just edit out your post above, on the exam.

I also appeared for this exam by the way.

Discussion should be fine after some hours.
X

Lets dicuss later, there's some people doing the exam and we could higher the grade boundaries!:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I was actually afraid of this, are we going to be in trouble or something? Or are we good?

No you're good, don't worry but yeah just edit your post above

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright, i edited the thing. Let's discuss after one or two hours.
Alright, surely we're good now?
Reply 12
Yeah, I think so.

I thought the paper was simple, but of course that's only on the surface. There could have been a lot of things that I only felt like I got right but actually didn't.

What was everyone's hess's law enthalpy value?
Original post by elhm18
Yeah, I think so.

I thought the paper was simple, but of course that's only on the surface. There could have been a lot of things that I only felt like I got right but actually didn't.

What was everyone's hess's law enthalpy value?

My enthalpy value was around -3000 or something like that. Althouhh I ****ed up the easiest question ever of 3 marks. So so far I'm losing a maximum of 8 marks. God if I don't get an A on this I am going to be genuinely so damn upset. I am already stressing out over it instead of studying for unit 2. DAMMIT!!!! AHHH. What did you guys get for hess law?
Reply 14
My enthalpy value was around -3000 or something like that. Althouhh I ****ed up the easiest question ever of 3 marks. So so far I'm losing a maximum of 8 marks. God if I don't get an A on this I am going to be genuinely so damn upset. I am already stressing out over it instead of studying for unit 2. DAMMIT!!!! AHHH. What did you guys get for hess law?

The people I asked got a huge range of values. Some got -500, some 300 something. I messed it up. I got -1500-ish. I feel as though the boundaries will be a little high since the paper was so simple. When I came out of the hall I could hear 99% of the people going, "That was so easy! It went SO well!!!"

Did you get the two MCQs about the ionic radii right? The one with the graphs.
I thought i was prepared so well i didnt revise alot before the exam.Now I may aswell be loosing around 8-12 marks excluding anything which i thought was right but wasn't. How high do u guys think the grade boundary can be considering that july boundaries r always high amd january r pretty low as compared?
Original post by elhm18
The people I asked got a huge range of values. Some got -500, some 300 something. I messed it up. I got -1500-ish. I feel as though the boundaries will be a little high since the paper was so simple. When I came out of the hall I could hear 99% of the people going, "That was so easy! It went SO well!!!"

Did you get the two MCQs about the ionic radii right? The one with the graphs.

Yeah we got those mcq questions, those were really easy for me.

Jesus you're worrying me so much. I am going to facepalm so hard if I don't get this A. I think the range of the hess law should have been around -100 to a maximum of -990. That makes the most sense to me tbh.
If the A grade can stay below 68 then I am sure I am getting an A. Other than 7 or 8 marks I would say I nailed the exam. But 7 or 8 is still high for an easy exam like this. Especially considering that there are a few questions one can easily mess up on. Even with a buffer of losing 5 more marks, I still think I'll get an A. January 2015 was also easy like this one and that boundary was like 61 which is crazy low. I should really just stop worrying about this because I am almost 96% sure I am getting an A but my mind I just making me stress out so much. If I had to predict a mark, I'd say I get a 70/80. Which is really good and if edexcel raise to anymore than that, then I am just going to call them out as absurd.

my enthalpy change was 3031 but i forgot to put the sign so pretty much losing 1 mark...i think A grade will be approximztely at 64-65
Original post by Tayyabshabbirtsr
I thought i was prepared so well i didnt revise alot before the exam.Now I may aswell be loosing around 8-12 marks excluding anything which i thought was right but wasn't. How high do u guys think the grade boundary can be considering that july boundaries r always high amd january r pretty low as compared?

Yeah I notice that as well. I would honestly guess that they'd put it at around 67. That seems like a right amount number imo. Considering I feel like I got all the mcq questions right, because I revised them hard, because I still had 30 minutes to spare, I don't think I should be leaking any more marks than a maximum of 10.
Original post by Tayyabshabbirtsr

i think for A grade it will be around 54

Quick Reply

Latest