The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i am not lazy :biggrin: well ok a bit....

so anyone?
Well, there seem to be lotsa smartypants in this forum. Westminster, for which course? depending on that, Westm can be really good or really crappy.
Reply 3
oh_sweet_surrey
Well, there seem to be lotsa smartypants in this forum. Westminster, for which course? depending on that, Westm can be really good or really crappy.

hehe, well i aint one of them :biggrin:

i'm not askign whether its good, just wodnering if anyone else is going there coz i am :smile:

i'm doin computing.
Reply 4
i got an offer from there, but i decided not to go..

i did quite like it tho, the ppl seemed friendly, but i got scared by the like.. metal detectors at the main doors, and the really horrible security ppl telling me off for being early to my interview..

and also, i got scared as i couldnt find the subway to go under the roundabout thingy.. so like walked across it risking my life!!

i did really like it, but as u can guess i'm not very street wise and i think i'd get mugged and killed in london because i'm just such an easy target!! falmouth is much more my sorta place!! lol, safer and quieter :P
Reply 5
hester
i got an offer from there, but i decided not to go..

i did quite like it tho, the ppl seemed friendly, but i got scared by the like.. metal detectors at the main doors, and the really horrible security ppl telling me off for being early to my interview..

and also, i got scared as i couldnt find the subway to go under the roundabout thingy.. so like walked across it risking my life!!

i did really like it, but as u can guess i'm not very street wise and i think i'd get mugged and killed in london because i'm just such an easy target!! falmouth is much more my sorta place!! lol, safer and quieter :P

hehe, well i've never even been to the place :eek:!! i missed the open day and now they're doin building work! :frown:

yeah i get that feeling of getting mugged too, my brother's friend got his motorbike nicked not so long ago.
Reply 6
the place was really nice (once u got passed the evil security ppl) really modern and stuff, so there wont b any problems there. It was busy too, really active an stuff - just a bit too much for me. The area is fine if you arent a bit on the slow side like me.. i have lead a v sheltered life here in birmingham, lol so i'm not quite ready to cope with roundabouts and subways and tube trains!! but as far as the place and ppl went, it would have been my 2nd choice, if i hadnt got an unconditional from my 1st choice.
Reply 7
hester
the place was really nice (once u got passed the evil security ppl) really modern and stuff, so there wont b any problems there. It was busy too, really active an stuff - just a bit too much for me. The area is fine if you arent a bit on the slow side like me.. i have lead a v sheltered life here in birmingham, lol so i'm not quite ready to cope with roundabouts and subways and tube trains!! but as far as the place and ppl went, it would have been my 2nd choice, if i hadnt got an unconditional from my 1st choice.

oh right, well i had better get used to it. if you think you lived a sheltered life, i live in cambridge! :eek:
Reply 8
Fly By
oh right, well i had better get used to it. if you think you lived a sheltered life, i live in cambridge! :eek:

lol.. its not that bad.. maybe i'm exaggerating!! i just got a tad worried when the fat woman security person shouted at me, and on my search for the tube station i found myself on the middle of a BIG scary roundabout without a pavement.. then i realised (only when i was at the station) that not only was there a subway, but there was a shortcut to the station from the campus.. doh...
Reply 9
hester
lol.. its not that bad.. maybe i'm exaggerating!! i just got a tad worried when the fat woman security person shouted at me, and on my search for the tube station i found myself on the middle of a BIG scary roundabout without a pavement.. then i realised (only when i was at the station) that not only was there a subway, but there was a shortcut to the station from the campus.. doh...

lol oh dear, i better not see that woman or she'll eat me alive. but i am intened to look around before i go though, a friend of mine lives only a few mins from that area and she can show me around teh place. and another mate of mine goes there, (different campus). hopefully he'll help me out a bit.
Reply 10
ooh yeah.. another thing, i totally turned up at the wrong campus too.. that was bad. i take it u'd be at the harrow campus? thats where the computing stuff was i think..
Reply 11
hester
ooh yeah.. another thing, i totally turned up at the wrong campus too.. that was bad. i take it u'd be at the harrow campus? thats where the computing stuff was i think..

lol no, cavendish! lol

i will try not to turn up at the wrong place, but they;re really close togther :s-smilie: ok i'm a bit scared now :frown:
Reply 12
dont be scared!! lol.. i went to the harrow campus an it was nice. i have no idea where cavendish is!! so at least you won't have the roundabout to battle with, or the fat security guards!! lol.. my "advice" was totally pointless then!! but i did like the place... good reputation for media, computing and that sorta stuff!
Reply 13
hester
dont be scared!! lol.. i went to the harrow campus an it was nice. i have no idea where cavendish is!! so at least you won't have the roundabout to battle with, or the fat security guards!! lol.. my "advice" was totally pointless then!! but i did like the place... good reputation for media, computing and that sorta stuff!

lol thannk god.

but its probably pretty similar, and i hope its good. coz its too late to change now! so where are you goin now?
Reply 14
i'm going down to falmouth college of arts in cornwall to do graphic design! yay. much more of a hester sorta place. small and quiet, art college open till 10 each night, student accomodation right in the middle of the town, literally next to the big wetherspoons. the sea, art, the pub, and bed. cant think of anything better :P london was just not for me!
Reply 15
sorry, i think i'll bring this back up.

Latest

Trending

Trending