The Student Room Group

Will Europe have to implement authoritarian measures to prevent jihadist attacks?

Don't ask me what these will be. I want to know the views of others. I imagine there might be measures such as detaining all recently entered refugees until their credentials can be fully processed, immediately detaining those even slightly suspected of planning terror attacks, greater monitoring, clampdowns on religious conservatism in universities, mosques, etc. We're already seeing some of these.

How authoritarian can it get or have we reached the plateau?

Will safety be worth sacrificing certain freedoms and liberties?
Reply 1
You see this how they take your rights with false flags and hoaxes and people are too stupid to see that
Reply 2
The mass surveillance of the internet...
It's already began.

Body scanners to enter Museums

NSA/PRISM

France's state of emergency in the wake of the bombings

This is just the start tbh
Original post by al_94
You see this how they take your rights with false flags and hoaxes and people are too stupid to see that

Such as?
Original post by Hydeman
Such as?

9/11, paris ect. don't you know that all terrorist attacks never happened? the media is lying to us and faking them, its all apart of the jooish conspiracy. wake up sheeple :rolleyes:
Original post by Lady Comstock
Don't ask me what these will be. I want to know the views of others. I imagine there might be measures such as detaining all recently entered refugees until their credentials can be fully processed, immediately detaining those even slightly suspected of planning terror attacks, greater monitoring, clampdowns on religious conservatism in universities, mosques, etc. We're already seeing some of these.

How authoritarian can it get or have we reached the plateau?

Will safety be worth sacrificing certain freedoms and liberties?

What you are seeing is the what western liberal society historically does when facing a severe threat which is the abandonment of ideological neutrality. Again as always happens that will prove uncomfortable for those who are outliers on the acceptable spectrum but are not a threat.

In 1910 it was a perfectly acceptable political position in the UK to be opposed to democracy. By 1940 it wasn't. Being a democracy was how Britain was defining itself. If you did not believe in democracy, regardless of whether you were a fascist or a communist, you were by definition potentially subversive.

The same is true by the late 16th century if you believed God was actually present in the bread and wine. It did not matter what your view was of the Pope, the theological belief had become unacceptable.

In 1990 a conservative non-Muslim might have admired Islamic female dress for being modest. However when western liberalism comes under threat, that liberalism defends an ideological core, and that opinion becomes subversive. That will come as a shock as it has in the past.
Original post by al_94

First thing we need to do is address people like you
Original post by nulli tertius
That will come as a shock as it has in the past.

We're in for a new round of witch hunts then?
Original post by al_94

Original post by Zargabaath
9/11, paris ect. don't you know that all terrorist attacks never happened? the media is lying to us and faking them, its all apart of the jooish conspiracy. wake up sheeple :rolleyes:

Citation needed?
Original post by MildredMalone
Citation needed?

I saw a captioned image on facebook
Original post by Zargabaath
I saw a captioned image on facebook

And don't forget hat YouTube video that explained it all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending