The Student Room Group

Unit 11 Cyber Security & Incident Management Part A&B Discussion

How is everybody feeling after the first exam? (if you've sat it)

I feel okay, there's some things I need to touch upon and revise for tomorrow's and then finish all my work off and submit it for judgement day.

What were your strengths and weaknesses? I believe my strengths were remembering threats and the technicalities that go with them, but actually identifying relevant threats to the scenario was more difficult.

Scroll to see replies

what was the scenario if you can remember
Reply 2
Original post by QuuenieF
what was the scenario if you can remember

Scenario was about a company that makes emergency exits and they're planning on making some sort of tourist guide at their headquarters using Internet of Things devices. This isn't too accurate but that was the major two things I remember about the scenario
Do you remember some of the threats you talked about
Original post by Kanarii

I feel okay, there's some things I need to touch upon and revise for tomorrow's and then finish all my work off and submit it for judgement day.

What were your strengths and weaknesses? I believe my strengths were remembering threats and the technicalities that go with them, but actually identifying relevant threats to the scenario was more difficult.

We are all well and happy it not easy but the is nothing like patients.
I like to share my situation because am a student and it's very important to us for the care of the help.
Reply 6
Original post by Lionezzz
Do you remember some of the threats you talked about

I tried to mention vulnerabilities to do with IoT devices, public networks/Wi-Fi, lack of firewall and VPN connections, lack of physical security measures. It becomes a lot more evident when you actually get the paper but there are some things I am still currently working on (currently in a revision class for the exam) to understand.
Reply 7
Original post by Pharukii
I like to share my situation because am a student and it's very important to us for the care of the help.

Please feel free to share it because I didn't understand what you meant in your initial message about patients?
Original post by Kanarii
I tried to mention vulnerabilities to do with IoT devices, public networks/Wi-Fi, lack of firewall and VPN connections, lack of physical security measures. It becomes a lot more evident when you actually get the paper but there are some things I am still currently working on (currently in a revision class for the exam) to understand.

Is it okay if you share what you have covered in the revision class because iam very confused
Reply 9
Original post by Lionezzz
Is it okay if you share what you have covered in the revision class because iam very confused

Basically, my tutor and classmates went over the network diagram/figure 2 found in the exam and we were trying to make sense of the purpose of the devices and its connections, as well as the vulnerabilities and threats they could pose.

My explanation wouldn't be too useful as the network diagram had me confused too, however there's two routers and one is solely for the Internet of Devices, whilst the other router is for what I believe is the main staff network and is located in the admin office.
I am doing this exam next week 😭
Original post by Kanarii
Basically, my tutor and classmates went over the network diagram/figure 2 found in the exam and we were trying to make sense of the purpose of the devices and its connections, as well as the vulnerabilities and threats they could pose.

My explanation wouldn't be too useful as the network diagram had me confused too, however there's two routers and one is solely for the Internet of Devices, whilst the other router is for what I believe is the main staff network and is located in the admin office.

Can you keep us posted please
Reply 12

Will try my best 😊
Reply 13
Kanarii, how many protection measures will you be using in activity 2 and what will they be
If anyone who took the test remembers any key information or risks they wrote down it would be pretty helpful to have them here.

I made a really bad remake of the network system add me on discord and ill send it also research zigbee a little
Im_Peanut#0306
Does anyone have the question papers?? It’s means a lot of you can help me
what points did u came up with activity 3 where u have to do Management report
Original post by Kanarii

The exam was so free. No sweat at all. Made 18 threat titles and talked about them all. Everything Band 3+ answers. Secured the distinction for Unit 11. Part B & Unit 14 is next.
Original post by DistinctionStar
The exam was so free. No sweat at all. Made 18 threat titles and talked about them all. Everything Band 3+ answers. Secured the distinction for Unit 11. Part B & Unit 14 is next.

What was the scenario mr showoff😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending