The Student Room Group

Density of sodium phenoxide and sodium salicyalte?

Hi,

does anyone knows the density for both solids? i tried to look for them but looks like its not my lucky day. hopefully anyone could help me with this. i would appreciate it.

thank you very much.
Reply 1
im sorry. its sodium salicylate.
Original post by afz27
Hi,

does anyone knows the density for both solids? i tried to look for them but looks like its not my lucky day. hopefully anyone could help me with this. i would appreciate it.

thank you very much.

Try looking in the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
These are trivially available online, or consult any decent university library.
Original post by afz27
Hi,

thank you very much.

Why on earth do you want to know the density of a solid?
Sodium phenoxide; 0.898 g cm-3
Sodium salicylate; 0.35 g cm-3

I found these online, from reliable sources. These means that you could also.

Next time, do so. Excercise your laziness away.
Original post by charco

Aren't you a teacher or something? Can't you conceive of all number of contrived classroom exercises that would involve densities of solids?
Reply 7
hi hav you done the isa on metal reactivity?
Original post by Infraspecies
Aren't you a teacher or something? Can't you conceive of all number of contrived classroom exercises that would involve densities of solids?

nope ....

as we never measure the volume of solids there is little need for the density. It´s my understanding that the OP is carrying out a synthesis of aspirin.
Original post by charco
nope ....

as we never measure the volume of solids there is little need for the density. It´s my understanding that the OP is carrying out a synthesis of aspirin.

I can think of all number of useful uses the density has in solid state chemistry, actually.

Regardless, him being asked to find it is reason enough for him to need it, I'm sure.
Reply 10
Original post by langlitz
Try looking in the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics

Thanks. yeah i tried but i cant find it. and sorry for the late reply anyway
Reply 11
Original post by Jellymath
These are trivially available online, or consult any decent university library.

yeah found it at last. thanks and sorry for the late reply anyway.
Reply 12
Original post by charco

i dont know but its needed for my design project. its ok. i found it thanks! :smile:
Reply 13
Sodium phenoxide; 0.898 g cm-3
Sodium salicylate; 0.35 g cm-3

I found these online, from reliable sources. These means that you could also.

Next time, do so. Excercise your laziness away.

yeah. found it too. thanks and sorry for the late reply. i will do better next time. im really sorry.
Reply 14

No, im just a student. i hope my professor would allow me to do that but they dont.hehe. thanks anyway and sorry for the late reply :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by abzaa
hi hav you done the isa on metal reactivity?

no i havent :frown: sorry for the late reply anyway :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by charco
nope ....

like :smile:
Reply 17
I can think of all number of useful uses the density has in solid state chemistry, actually.

Regardless, him being asked to find it is reason enough for him to need it, I'm sure.

yeah. and im glad i found it. thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest