The Student Room Group

GCSE choices: History vs Computer Science vs Product Design

I'm in year 9 and I have to decide what to do for my GCSEs. In my school we get 6 GCSEs as well as the core subjects (e.g. Maths, Eng, etc.). I'm quite sure that I want to do Triple Science and French, which leaves me with two options left...
Career-wise I'm hoping to be an Engineer, Mathy-person or sometime but I don't know wheter to pick my GCSE on what I like and am good at or what would help my career. I have narrowed my choices down to three:
Product Design:
- I love making things and think I'm quite good at this
-But I don't like having to do drawings and they take time.
Computer Science:
- This would help me with my job and in life
-I have never really used the programming tools like Java (only simple things like Scratch)
History:
-I love history and am getting good grades (7b)
-Wouldn't help my future job...

Please reply ASAP as I need to hand in my choices form on Friday!
P.S. Sorry for writing an essay :smile:
Pick what you enjoy!! At GCSE level no ones expecting you to have planned out what exactly you want to do in life, so id choose what you enjoy and also what you think you'll do well in. I really recommend taking history as well because you become so much more aware of, well, history but it's just so interesting:smile:
For product design I can kind of relate as I do art and it takes up A LOT of time - so if you think you can handle this then take it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Pick what you enjoy!! At GCSE level no ones expecting you to have planned out what exactly you want to do in life, so id choose what you enjoy and also what you think you'll do well in. I really recommend taking history as well because you become so much more aware of, well, history but it's just so interesting:smile:
For product design I can kind of relate as I do art and it takes up A LOT of time - so if you think you can handle this then take it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I think I will do history because I enjoy it but I'm still not sure about Product Design as I know I'll enjoy it but I'm just really slow at basically all art subjects. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest