The Student Room Group

hii! i have to pick 3 optional subjects for gcse

(edited 6 days ago)
do you have the subject list for what you can pick?
biology, chemistry , physics (if possible), pyscholody, ethics or literature
Reply 3
Original post by sarahalmas
hii! i have to pick 3 optional subjects for gcse (the mandatory subjects are maths, bio, chem, phy,) so what are the easiest but effective for what i want to be when i grow up? i wanna be a gynecologist btw.. so please advise me on 3 option subjects from gcse such that will help me in becoming a gynecologist, Thank youuuu!

for medicine in general, you have to do maths, biology and chemistry, and I see you already have that, so you can essentially pick any subjects that you like.
in terms of easiness, geography, re and media are often considered easy, but for medicine you have to have very high grades, so pick what you are best at so that you can be sure you'll get those high grades.
hii! i have to pick 3 optional subjects for gcse (the mandatory subjects are maths, bio, chem, phy,) so what are the easiest but effective for what i want to be when i grow up? i wanna be a gynecologist btw.. so please advise me on 3 option subjects from gcse such that will help me in becoming a gynecologist, Thank youuuu!

Your compulsory subjects are the ones needed for medicine. Pick any 3 that you are good at and really enjoy. That way you will get the best grades.
Reply 5
Original post by emaanqur
for medicine in general, you have to do maths, biology and chemistry, and I see you already have that, so you can essentially pick any subjects that you like.
in terms of easiness, geography, re and media are often considered easy, but for medicine you have to have very high grades, so pick what you are best at so that you can be sure you'll get those high grades.

mhm!! for re we have it mandatory and yea I think it will be easy (hopefully)
well I was thinking for Psychology, Environmental Management, ICT

is it easy?
also TYSM FOR THE REPLY <3
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Your compulsory subjects are the ones needed for medicine. Pick any 3 that you are good at and really enjoy. That way you will get the best grades.

mhmmm
I was thinking for Psychology, Environmental Management, ICT
are they easy lol
TY FOR THE REPLY :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by nul_student1
biology, chemistry , physics (if possible), pyscholody, ethics or literature

mhm the three sciences are mandatory
mhm im thinking of Psychology is it easy???
Reply 8

so im thinking for Psychology, Environmental Management, ICT
do you guys think they're EASYYY choices or noo??
I dont think anyone can say if something is easy and if your thinking of studying Medicine you shouldnt be worry about easy GCSEs
Reply 10
Original post by swanseajack1
I dont think anyone can say if something is easy and if your thinking of studying Medicine you shouldnt be worry about easy GCSEs

mhm true thooo
alright.. but still im thinking for other 3 option subjects i should pick
im thinking for Psychology, Environmental Management, ICT or maybe history ig
what do you say?
Reply 11
mhm!! for re we have it mandatory and yea I think it will be easy (hopefully)
well I was thinking for Psychology, Environmental Management, ICT

is it easy?
also TYSM FOR THE REPLY <3

ooh, environmental management is a gcse I've never seen before so I'm not too sure about that :0
I would just say pick anything that you are good at or find easy;everyone finds different things easy, if you do that, then you will ensure yourself top grades, which will make it easier to get into med school. good luck!

What can you choose from?

Tbh, they won't matter - pick subjects you enjoy. Check the GCSE specification for content.
Reply 13
Original post by emaanqur
ooh, environmental management is a gcse I've never seen before so I'm not too sure about that :0
I would just say pick anything that you are good at or find easy;everyone finds different things easy, if you do that, then you will ensure yourself top grades, which will make it easier to get into med school. good luck!

alright thank you! I will pick subjects that are easier for a person like meee
thank youuu
Reply 14
Original post by Muttley79
What can you choose from?

Tbh, they won't matter - pick subjects you enjoy. Check the GCSE specification for content.

Media Studies
ICT
Computer Science
Business Studies
Economics
Sociology
Psychology
History
BTEC ICT
BTEC Business Studies
BTEC Travel and Tourism
Art
Geography
Graphic Design
GCSE PE
French
Drama
Environmental Management
RE
Biology
Design and Technology

hmm thank you for your reply btw!!! <3
and yeah I have thought of Environmental Management, Psychology, ICT
but at the same time I really like History and Design and Technology so I'm still thinking lol
yess i do ill tell you the list:
Media Studies
ICT
Computer Science
Business Studies
Economics
Sociology
Psychology
History
BTEC ICT
BTEC Business Studies
BTEC Travel and Tourism
Art
Geography
Graphic Design
GCSE PE
French
Drama
Environmental Management
Islam
Biology
Design and Technology

I've thought of Environmental Management, ICT, Psychology
what do you think? is it good for gynecology or just random lol

I'd say perhaps Psychology, ICT and one other subject you'd enjoy (as in you're picking it because you love it, not for the requirement to become a gynaecologist.) From what I've heard, GCSE subjects don't matter unless you're looking forward to picking these subjects for A level; Moreover, I have heard that rather than looking at what GCSE subjects you're taking - they look at the grades you achieve by the end.

Anyhow, picking subjects you'd enjoy rather than for an occupation would boost your motivation for studying these subjects by a whole lot!
Good luck with your subject choices!
Media Studies
ICT
Computer Science
Business Studies
Economics
Sociology
Psychology
History
BTEC ICT
BTEC Business Studies
BTEC Travel and Tourism
Art
Geography
Graphic Design
GCSE PE
French
Drama
Environmental Management
RE
Biology
Design and Technology

hmm thank you for your reply btw!!! <3
and yeah I have thought of Environmental Management, Psychology, ICT
but at the same time I really like History and Design and Technology so I'm still thinking lol

I would look at the GCSE specifications - if you enjoy what you are studying you are more likely to get good grades.

Quick Reply

Latest