The Student Room Group

Please help with options for GCSE's.

Just in year 9 and I'm choosing my options. I am predicted all A's and A*'s. I'm choosing ICT and Triple science plus the norm. I'd like somem advice. I have a choice between history and RS. I'm predicted A's on both. I want to study either medicine or engineering at one of the top Russell group universities. I've been told that universities prefer history over RS. I'd like to choose RS but don't want to blow my chances by going for that rather than history. I know that universities is quite a few years away because aswell as doing my GCSE's I've still got A-Levels to do. If all goes well, I will be taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Please any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately I am on a tight schedule and have to make my mind up quickly. Thank you.
Reply 1
Unis won't care if you're doing History GCSE or RS.
What only matters is the grade you get.
Original post by BILBOBAGGINSS5
Just in year 9 and I'm choosing my options. I am predicted all A's and A*'s. I'm choosing ICT and Triple science plus the norm. I'd like somem advice. I have a choice between history and RS. I'm predicted A's on both. I want to study either medicine or engineering at one of the top Russell group universities. I've been told that universities prefer history over RS. I'd like to choose RS but don't want to blow my chances by going for that rather than history. I know that universities is quite a few years away because aswell as doing my GCSE's I've still got A-Levels to do. If all goes well, I will be taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Please any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately I am on a tight schedule and have to make my mind up quickly. Thank you.

Hello. It sounds like you have a good selection of GCSE subjects but I really would not recommend I.t. It is basically pure coursework and although it is very easy to get a good grade in it is not enjoyable in my personal opinion. I am currently in Y11 and doing my GCSEs (including triple science and I.t). I love the sciences and I am planning on doing physics maths and music at a level next year. You cannot take 4 full a levels so you would have to pick an as subject but they are getting rid of lots of them so you may have to reconsider. I would take r.e over history because I am currently doing it and it is one of the easiest ones to get a good grade in if you are a hard worker, I didn't take history.
Hope this helps 😊

Quick Reply

Latest