The Student Room Group

Help for Pschology gcse

Hi there! so I recently moved and due to my new school not being able to provide for me most of my original option choices I have to do psychology and im in year 11 thus i am WAY behind in the subjects curriculum. Worst of all i have a mock in 1 week so please , please help ;-;
just revision tips and guides in general
Im also doing edexcel for my exam board
Thank you so much
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
go on bitsize and do flash cards
Reply 2
Original post by hermessnow
Hi there! so I recently moved and due to my new school not being able to provide for me most of my original option choices I have to do psychology and im in year 11 thus i am WAY behind in the subjects curriculum. Worst of all i have a mock in 1 week so please , please help ;-;
just revision tips and guides in general
Im also doing edexcel for my exam board
Thank you so much

Im doing A-level psychology at the moment. I did my GCSEs a few months ago but iIll try to help you. In terms of revision, maybe ask your teacher for support and help such as you could ask them if they run after school revision clubs so that you can understand psychology. A revision technique that worked for me for my GCSEs was just writing down things over and over again, that's the only way information goes into my head. After I would memorise a page, I would summarise it in a spider diagram to check if I remembered everything. Ik it's a long way to revise but different revision techniques work for different people. I also used BBC bitesize and past papers to help with revision

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Alonepast
Im doing A-level psychology at the moment. I did my GCSEs a few months ago but iIll try to help you. In terms of revision, maybe ask your teacher for support and help such as you could ask them if they run after school revision clubs so that you can understand psychology. A revision technique that worked for me for my GCSEs was just writing down things over and over again, that's the only way information goes into my head. After I would memorise a page, I would summarise it in a spider diagram to check if I remembered everything. Ik it's a long way to revise but different revision techniques work for different people. I also used BBC bitesize and past papers to help with revision

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you soo much for the tips but I cant really use bitesize coz i cant find the course there so do u have any other online resources? I wiil follow your advice with regards to my teacher and the writing and re writing method coz i do that sometimes as well but in your opinion is the gcse difficult?
Thanks again :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mystary
go on bitsize and do flash cards

cant do bitesize, coz the course isnt there,but i can do flash cards
Reply 5
Thank you soo much for the tips but I cant really use bitesize coz i cant find the course there so do u have any other online resources? I wiil follow your advice with regards to my teacher and the writing and re writing method coz i do that sometimes as well but in your opinion is the gcse difficult?

Another online resource that I could recommend is Quizlet flash cards. I found that useful to remember key terminology and the definitions of the terminology. I don't think the GCSE was difficult for psychology, It's not a hard subject to learn but it can be difficult if you do not learn the studies and concepts properly. You will need to know the strengths and weaknesses of certain methods. For example, key studies. But don't stress about it. Psychology at GCSE can be easy if u revise for it properly and pay attention in class.
Reply 6

yes GCSE are difficult
try gcse pod
https://meacademy.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/asset_image/2_164.png

Quick Reply

Latest