The Student Room Group

Astronomy

I'm in year ten and taking the astronomy GCSE next year. I'm looking for a place to revise it that's preferably similar to BBC Bitesize (they don't have an astronomy option to revise from). If anyone knows anything similar/any good YouTube channels, please may you tell me? Thanks
Original post by AmilieTreciph
I'm in year ten and taking the astronomy GCSE next year. I'm looking for a place to revise it that's preferably similar to BBC Bitesize (they don't have an astronomy option to revise from). If anyone knows anything similar/any good YouTube channels, please may you tell me? Thanks

Hiya! I did the Astronomy GCSE with the NEC. (Don't study with them btw...). I would recommend you use night sky guides to help out, they really helped me out a whole bunch! The best resource I found and used throughout my study was this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-9-1-Astronomy-Pupils-Teachers/dp/0995648301/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1CWEB9NYAZDRP&keywords=GCSE+astronomy+9-1&qid=1695973233&sprefix=gcse+astronomy+9-1%2Caps%2C50&sr=8-1

Hope this help :smile: and best of luck with your studies!!!
Reply 2
Not sure if this helps, but here are some resources from the Royal Observatory in Greenwich that are made to help with Astronomy GCSE study. I have completed a few worksheets from here:
https://www.rmg.co.uk/schools-communities/teacher-resources/gcse-astronomy-resources
hiya, if you google astronomy gcse textbook as far as i'm aware there's only one but thats what i used to make flashcards off and it was pretty good (not amazing, but the best you can get really as it's the only one out there)
i'd also recommend astronomy gcse help on youtube, and just google astronomy GCSE onto youtube as there's multiple diff channels that will help. personally, i preferred to use the textbook but my friend liked the videos a lot more to make flashcards on and we got the same grade so it's just ab what works best for you - try them both out and then decide.
Reply 4
Original post by matildaeeeee
hiya, if you google astronomy gcse textbook as far as i'm aware there's only one but thats what i used to make flashcards off and it was pretty good (not amazing, but the best you can get really as it's the only one out there)
i'd also recommend astronomy gcse help on youtube, and just google astronomy GCSE onto youtube as there's multiple diff channels that will help. personally, i preferred to use the textbook but my friend liked the videos a lot more to make flashcards on and we got the same grade so it's just ab what works best for you - try them both out and then decide.

Thanks, I think my teacher has ordered everyone taking it a textbook

Quick Reply

Latest