The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pablo Picasso
Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to pass. The question about range, merely required simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental C3 AQA Maths knowledge.

Spoiler

Original post by melanin101
Guys, is it possible to retake A2s???

Yes but the new specification is looming on the horizon
Original post by CMP100Em
Did anyone get gg(x)=x^4?

omg i did! but everyone slaying its x so idk at least im not the only one
Reply 543
Everything was going so well, now this happened, what the hell AQA?

Honestly I was doing recent past papers getting As and A* with 15 mins to spare

That was just brutal, I guess I will have to start making my CV for Tescos
Original post by Cascadess
I got gg(x) = x

Wasn't g(x) = 1/x

?

You're right
Reply 545
There's a Cambridge offer holder at my school who gets straight A* in everything and he found the paper difficult. The rest of my maths class came out feeling like absolute **** because of that exam. I don't know what that Guy is talking about. The boundaries will for sure be lower this year. Most Probably not by 10/15 marks but I'm sure it won't be 60 for an A.
When I saw the gg(x) question the gamer part of me thought "good game" yeah it ****ing was AQA, you crushed fellow year 13 students
Reply 547
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to pass. The question about range, merely required simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental C3 AQA Maths knowledge.

They will change the grade boundaries if everyone found it hard, so that a certain number of people get A*, a certain number get A etc
Also there was a question that required it in the form ((e^2 + 1)^m)/px or somethign along those lines..... what did people get for that.... I got it soooo close, but My value for m was just 1???
Original post by C0balt
When I saw the gg(x) question the gamer part of me thought "good game" yeah it ****ing was AQA, you crushed fellow year 13 students

What was this question about?
I got gg(x) = x

Wasn't g(x) = 1/x

?

No I thought g(x)=1/x^2

It went from 16x-e^2x to 16/x-e^2/x?
Also there was a question that required it in the form ((e^2 + 1)^m)/px or somethign along those lines..... what did people get for that.... I got it soooo close, but My value for m was just 1???

m was 2, n was 3.
I got gg(x) = x

Wasn't g(x) = 1/x

?

I got 1/x too

Ichthys
**** aqa im so ****in pissed off for **** sake
Reply 554
What did you guys get for the area of the triangle. The method seemed straight forward but i f***ed up the answer
No I thought g(x)=1/x^2

I got same as you x.x
Reply 556

i got m=2 and n=3 (bottom bit was e^n) :frown::frown:
No I thought g(x)=1/x^2

If you set y=g(x) then you need to plug in from there

16y = 16/x

therefore y=1/x
so g(x) = 1/x
No I thought g(x)=1/x^2

Oh I did it wrong
Original post by KB_97
There's a Cambridge offer holder at my school who gets straight A* in everything and he found the paper difficult. The rest of my maths class came out feeling like absolute **** because of that exam. I don't know what that Guy is talking about. The boundaries will for sure be lower this year. Most Probably not by 10/15 marks but I'm sure it won't be 60 for an A.

If you were getting straight A*s as you allegedly claim, then this iteration should not appear difficult to you, unless you were not prepared. I don't see Oxbridge students apart from you here complaining.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending