The Student Room Group

UCL Politics with East European Studies vs LSE Anthropology and Law

I have received offers from both UCL and LSE in these two courses so now I have a dilemma: which one to choose?

Right now I have no intention to become a lawyer but LSE Anthropology is definitely one of the best in the country (+I have some knowledge on the subject as I am taking it as a HL in the IB, and I am unsure whether I want to do it for another 3 years, even tho it's 50:50 with law)... and I am aware that having a law degree is quite useful in the future...

Meanwhile I am quite interested in East European studies - I am currently studying Russian History from Tsar Alexander II to the death of Stalin (ya, quite a lot)... and I'm really enjoying it :biggrin:

I understand both of them are really good courses... however, when I looked up the acceptance rate and student satisfaction rate, it further complicated my dilemma... UCL was 74% vs LSE 22% (acceptance rate) while 76% UCL vs 88% LSE for satisfaction rate...

I have similar offers for both, and I take really hard subjects - not 100% sure I'll be able to make the offers.

What would you pick if you were me? Do you have any methods to help me choose between these two? I'm really not sure what to do and would welcome any information or ideas from all of you :-)
Reply 1
LSE all the way. I wish I had applied for undergrad, and I'll probably apply for Masters.

1. It's a law degree. The other one isn't.
2. It's easier to enter international relations and politics at post graduate level than it is to enter law.
3. Don't go to university for knowledge you can earn from books. Read.
Reply 2
Original post by Assan
LSE all the way. I wish I had applied for undergrad, and I'll probably apply for Masters.

1. It's a law degree. The other one isn't.
2. It's easier to enter international relations and politics at post graduate level than it is to enter law.
3. Don't go to university for knowledge you can earn from books. Read.

Ohh that last one hit me hard 2 years after you wrote it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending