The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Can I get an offer from SOAS after one day ?

Hi there ! I just got an offer from SOAS, but the things is that I sent my UCAS application yesterday (so I received the offer one day after sending it). Is it normal ? Thanx in advance !
Yes absolutely so!!! 🙂 Which degree subject? 😉
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
siuuuuuu
rawr xd yh ofc if you're an absolute academic WEAPON
Reply 3
Original post by thegeek888
Yes absolutely so!!! 🙂 Which degree subject? 😉

Politics and International Relations. By the way do you think that it's a good school ?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Politics and International Relations. By the way do you think that it's a good school ?

Yes, it is one of the finest in the UK and World, as well being a part of University of London. It is on par with LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL, City and RHUL. 🙂
(edited 4 months ago)
Hi there ! I just got an offer from SOAS, but the things is that I sent my UCAS application yesterday (so I received the offer one day after sending it). Is it normal ? Thanx in advance !

Hi Congratulations! Yes it is normal, everyone receives their offers at different timings and as mentioned Politics & International Relations at SOAS is one of the finest in the UK and the World as it offers you a chance to gain knowledge on the different regions the world (Africa, Asia, Middle East) and allows you to gain a deeper insight into state power and analyse world affairs more critically. I'm a final year International Relations and Arabic student so if you have any questions about IR or life at SOAS, I'm happy to answer them!

Z
UG Arabic & IR
Reply 6
Yes, it is one of the finest in the UK and World, as well being a part of University of London. It is on par with LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL, City and RHUL. 🙂

Thanx for the infomation ^^
Original post by SOAS Student Rep
Hi Congratulations! Yes it is normal, everyone receives their offers at different timings and as mentioned Politics & International Relations at SOAS is one of the finest in the UK and the World as it offers you a chance to gain knowledge on the different regions the world (Africa, Asia, Middle East) and allows you to gain a deeper insight into state power and analyse world affairs more critically. I'm a final year International Relations and Arabic student so if you have any questions about IR or life at SOAS, I'm happy to answer them!

Z
UG Arabic & IR

Hi ! Thank you so much ! I also want to study International Relations, but with Politics, and I would love to learn arabic too ! Where can I contact you ??
Thanx for the infomation ^^

The SOAS Library has 1,000 Study spaces!!! 😀 and is awesome!!! 😉
The SOAS Library has 1,000 Study spaces!!! 😀 and is awesome!!! 😉

Interesting ! Are you, or do you plan to study there ??
Original post by withlove.ym
Interesting ! Are you, or do you plan to study there ??

It is just 10 minutes away from my house on the Elizabeth Line to Tottenham Court Road. 🙂 lol

Also, SOAS is right near UCL and just around the corner from LSE and KCL if I do the LLB Taxation paper which SOAS allows as they don't offer the course.

So it is one of my choices for Law, alongside Cambridge, LSE, UCL and KCL.
It is just 10 minutes away from my house on the Elizabeth Line to Tottenham Court Road. 🙂 lol

Also, SOAS is right near UCL and just around the corner from LSE and KCL if I do the LLB Taxation paper which SOAS allows as they don't offer the course.

So it is one of my choices for Law, alongside Cambridge, LSE, UCL and KCL.

Wow ! LSE, UCL and KCL are also among my choices ! I hope that you will get an offer from all of them ^^ (what's LLB taxation paper ? is it only for nationals or international students have to take it too ?)
Wow ! LSE, UCL and KCL are also among my choices ! I hope that you will get an offer from all of them ^^ (what's LLB taxation paper ? is it only for nationals or international students have to take it too ?)

Because I want to study a LLB Law degree, and SOAS says: "If a paper is not offered, but you can study it at LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL, City and Birbeck." I think you could also study a paper at one of the constituent Colleges of University of London. 🙂
Because I want to study a LLB Law degree, and SOAS says: "If a paper is not offered, but you can study it at LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL, City and Birbeck." I think you could also study a paper at one of the constituent Colleges of University of London. 🙂

Ohh I see ! That's cool then ! Good luck !!
Hi ! Thank you so much ! I also want to study International Relations, but with Politics, and I would love to learn arabic too ! Where can I contact you ??

No worries at all, you can send messages on this forum and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. IR & Politics is a great degree combination and Arabic is a hard but very rewarding language!
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending