The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
public (asin private) schools and independent colleges prevent "chavvies" or "townies" who's only aspiration it is in life is to leave school at the age of 16, go to college and become and builder, and on the way- mess up the education of others along the way by acting like fools!
faa
public (asin private) schools and independent colleges prevent "chavvies" or "townies" who's only aspiration it is in life is to leave school at the age of 16, go to college and become and builder, and on the way- mess up the education of others along the way by acting like fools!

Because obviously being a builder is a totally scummy profession, der! Most true chavs or townies don't get a job at all!

I have met many people from public/private schools and they are very diverse and it is unfair to make any sweeping judgements. The problem is that whilst state school assholes are discouraged from going to university, this does not appear to be the case for public/private schools.
Reply 42
ChemistBoy
Because obviously being a builder is a totally scummy profession, der! Most true chavs or townies don't get a job at all!

I have met many people from public/private schools and they are very diverse and it is unfair to make any sweeping judgements. The problem is that whilst state school assholes are discouraged from going to university, this does not appear to be the case for public/private schools.

The profession isnt scummy- its just a shame that most of the people who work in it are!
Reply 43
Was suprised to see manchester had more private school students than exeter. Its funny because i especially percieved Exeter to have more privates due to its tagging as a "posh" university. Not that Manchester isn't !!!! :biggrin:
faa

:rolleyes:

Firstly as someone has said - what's wrong with being a builder? Not enough people these days learn a trade and becoming a plumber, electrician, bulider etc could see you earning a lot of money!

Secondly, private schools don't necessarily filter out people who don't wanna work. My friend went to a private boarding school and he told me there were people there who never worked and messed around all the time. Why? Because daddy was so rich they'll never need to work anyway :wink: ... seriously, he said there were people there who could even write to a good standard because they just weren't bothered.

Latest

Trending

Trending